That's customer service

bryan2

I have always found Klipsch customer service to be very helpful and more than fair. They really stand behind their products!

This BB is a very visable example of how Klipsch will go to any length to serve their customers. Look at all the help they give those of us with old Klipsch speakers that we bought used and they are still there for us, even though they didn't make a cent off of us.

I think they are far sighted enough to realise that many of us, as a result, have become enthusiastic Klipsch proponents. That is a very big reason why I have chosen Klipsch subs over some others - because I know from experience that they will stand behind them and help is very available, if I should need it.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

• Klipsch Employees

Soundog,

We could not have written that any better ourselves. Thank you for your input. Our goal, as it has been for the last 50+ years, is to produce the highest of quality product and support that product the very best we can. We look at a customer that buys an older product as part of the family. (maybe once removed.Wink.gif and are glad to help when we can. And yes, we do hope that kind of service for those customers will lead to them choose our product from then on.

Bryan2,

We hope you are happy with the new grill.

------------------

Trey Cannon

Technical Support

Klipsch Audio Technologies

• Like 1

I'm happy with it. Now my surround speakers matches with my wall and ceiling paint. I am also picking up today my Maple RSW-15 (originally ordered RSW-12 but changed the order after falling in love with the 15) and RC-3. I now have 2 KSW-12s and 1 RSW-15. How could I set them up, is my next problem!. Thanks again, Klipsch.

This message has been edited by bryan2 on 03-01-2002 at 03:12 PM

I have RF-5 as mains powered by Kenwood Sovereign VR-5700 receiver. I may sell the KSW's if hooking them up together (KSW12's nd RSW15) does not give a good result. I have a big family room, so I would think having more than 1 sub would be nice. Right now my 2 KSW12's are positioned along with the front wall. Maybe RSW15 in front and 2 KSW12's at the back???

The RF 5s seem to be down about 3 db at 34hz ... if you look below or above for the Klipschorn/sub post you'll see that Ray Garrison is suggesting I add subs to my Khorns but set them low which would have to be at 40 hZ. You might want to try this with the RSW15 and your two RF5 using line level inputs, then you could run the LFEs (which would also contain bass material from your surrounds and center set to small) through the KSW12s. From what I've read (if I understand it correctly) subs with more higher order harmonic distortion really shake up things better then the more musical subs. The KSWs have this sort of reputation. I prefer my KSW 15 to the more musical LH10s on explosions for instance but like the LH10s better for music. Although they do fine on explosions too as I'm sure the RSWs do - it's just that the KSWs seem to rattle the room better. The placement scenario you suggest would be a logical starting point but remember variations in placement of subs can make a big difference. Multiple subs especially with DVD LFE can be very effective. Let us know the results of your experiments.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

This message has been edited by soundog on 03-01-2002 at 06:57 PM

Soundog, thanks for your reply. I tried to avoid the complexity, so I just removed one KSW12 and replaced it with the RSW15. After some tweaking it sounded great, the way I want. Now I am using one KSW12 and one RSW15. I don't know what to do yet with the spare KSW12. Right now I'm enjoying my system and try to create a plan that will convince the house Chief Financial Officer(my wife!) to assemble another Klipsch system for our game room $$.