Bought a 2-channel system

Brac

Bought the following gear.

Luxman T-400 tuner (seems to be all good)

Technics SL-B210 TT (Spins but haven't played yet)

Threshold model FET ONE pre (needs a fuse, at least)

Bryston B4 amp (Tested and working)

Canton CT 1000 speakers (has no sound from one woofer)

Any body know anything about any of this stuff? I know the amp has a great rep, the rest I know nothing about.

On the Canadian side of things, Bryston is very similar to Klipsch, when it comes to customer service and standing behind their products.

Just phone them with the serial number and they'll give you the skinny on the 4B.

Very reliable amp, home or pro use.

You can send it in, not just for a check up/tuneup,but upgrades are also available to take a regular 4B and transform(LOL) it into as ST or SST version.

However, as with all great companies, times are a changin', the warranty periods are getting shorter, a long time wizard, head tech has just retired as well.

He used to not only service Bryston products, but whatever you brought to the main Bryson outlet/factory.

Had a pair of Crown D150's serviced and tuned by him.

the Technics is a spinny thing, you put a piece of black plastic on it and music comes out..

Thank you Michael, for making my protein drink spew out of my nose!!!! I'll send you the med bills if I get a sinus infection.....Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile

just trying to beat JB to the punch, but he did an end-around and posted to the OLD thread