Center and Rears to Use with KLFs? Also, feedback on RFs please!

BHZ Boy

I can get a great deal on KLFs (10, 20 or 30s), but I am afraid to buy them as it appears that there isn't a center or surround (rears) on the market (by Klipsch)to "match" the KLFs. Is that correct? What is the proper match to the KLFs?

Also, any feedback on the KLF line versus RF line is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Becasue it appears I can't get the right match for the KLFs, I guess I will be buying RFs, but can't decide which model. Thanks.

Well, BHZ Boy, you did say any comments...

I found the cost-effective opportunity to build a super HT system from Klipsch Legends irrisistable! I haven't taken a photo since I upgraded the SB-2 Front Effects speakers to KLF C7's but this sub related photo shows the KLF-30 modified as a center channel. It alone raises the KLF experience to a level far beyond reasonable expectaion.

I've covered this ground before on this Forum and, hopefully, it will be beneficial to those who missed it last time around.

5.1 (and above) movies and multi-channel sound are predicated on having at least one full-range speaker for each discrete channel. Further, upwards of 80% of the sound on a 5.1 movie comes through the CENTER channel... so having a center that does not match the flanking mains is IMHO suspect!

In fact, building a custom motorboard for the KLF-30 proved so successful as a center, I will probably change the right & left surrounds and rear effects channels to the same configuration and mount them horizontally on some custom designed shelving in the new house. I believe that would enhance their function... which is already quite a treat!

I don't want to take up too much valuable Forum space on redundancy... unless you would like to hear more. After all, it is your post! cwm4.gif HornEd

------------------

------------------

HORNED'S EIGHT THEATRICAL LEGENDS,

FIVE MUSICAL HERITAGES & A ROADIE...

FOREGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main

KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

BACKGROUND SOUND STAGE:

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

LARGE MOUTH BASS:

Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, glove-leather LazyBoy Recliners

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

TWO, THREE or FIVE CHANNEL MUSIC FOR ENJOYMENT ONLY!

'97 Klipschorn Mains, '99 Belle Center, '83 Cornwall Rears

Matched Walnut w/ Cane Grilles. Amp research continues...

Yamaha 5-disc & Kenwood 200-disc DVD/CD players

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome: On the road testing

The matching center for the Legend series, the KLF-C7, is no longer manufactured. You can, however, still find them available on the internet, brand new in the box... look around, or check out ebay... I just picked up mine for roughly half the original retail of $600.

The surrounds don't seem to be as crucial a choice in matching series; you will find a lot of happy owners of the RS-3 or RS-7, who are using them (as I intend) with older Klipsch...

Hope this helps.

------------------

Klipsch Fortes, Oiled Oak

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center Channel

McCormack DNA-1 Power Amp

McCormack TLC Pre-Amp

Sony 5-disc changer

NHT SA3 Subwoofer Amp

Hsu TN1220 Subwoofer

Old Akai cassette Deck

Akai AAR22 used as tuner

Nordost Solar Wind interconnects