Rotel RX-402

The Dude

Theres one on ebay I was looking at it would only be 65.00 with shipping and handleing, not much of an up grade but thought I would just try something different. Right now I using 90s pioneer reciever model sx-255r until I saved enough for a tubed pre that I have my eye on. but until then like I said thought I would just try something different. Any one out there ever used one of these I believe the rotel has 25 watts by two, I know they have a decent name out on the market but dont know much about them. thanks for any input, I figured Ide ask around here first since last time I made a bad decesion on power amp.

thanks

nick

I've used and enjoyed a Rotel, black face RX-602 on some KG 4's.

$65 is a ok price and the phono stage and pre section are top notch for the price.

If you upgrade in the future and get a straight power amp,the Rotel has the pre out jacks that will let you still use it as a dedicated pre-amp.

Just make sure the model you're bidding on has the RCA inputs/outputs and not the DIN style.

I seen the pic it has regular rcas, but no pre outs. Which would be nice cause I do have a power amp. Hard decision I almost want to wait around for just a good pre amp. I am horrible about making decision I change my mind hourly.

thanks for your input.

nick

• 2 weeks later...

So I recieved this beauty a couple of days ago.. Have been listening as much as possible, I am actually impressed with the 25 watts it produces haven't had a chance to crank up yet put will tonight. One thing I have learned with these older pieces is that they are bigger physically than some of the newer stuff from the 90s so now I have to come up with some make sift deal for a stereo rack. But all in all I am likeing this piecs, I hopefully will be hooking it u to my power amp this weekend to see how we can do.

thanks for all comments

duder

Congrats,

a little late to chime in butt, Rotel is thought to be a cut above consumer shot gear (can't get it @ Best Buy, Ultimate electronics, etc....). They do a good job with 2 channel and are known to be honest, if not modest on their power ratings.

Again, congrats and enjoy.