Lot(s) Russian Beatles Albums Value? Black Market? Quality?

syzygy

Are these god sounding or cheap knock offs?

John Lennon did say that they were more popular than Jesus; but, not sure if he ever compared their singing voices. I believe God's choir will be pretty awesome sounding though.

If you want to hear some good stories, read or get the audio book like i did, of Rick Wakeman's Grouchy old Rock Star (guessing at the title now). He has a great story about when he did a show in russia years ago during the Cold War. Getting caught at customs trying to smuggle out a KGB officer's coat. Long story short--the customs guy asked him if he had access to any Rock-n-Roll albums--specifically asking for Led Zeppelin and Yes albums. It's a whole book of funny stories from Rick's years of being a musician.

Bulgarian Pressings?

Pre or Post Russian Federation?

Shiny Covers or Raw Unfinished Cardstock?

Catalog numbers?

Most are worth more than $15 if the covers and vinyl are in good condition, as there are plenty of Beatles completist collectors out there.

Any popular act in English with Russian print on the cover is a easy sell to collectors.

I have a few in my store and the real Russian McCartney U.S.S.R. LP on Melodia.

Early Russian presses I have heard, sound like playing sandpaper, where others, especially Federation ones, are some of the quietest(in a good way) pieces of vinyl I've ever played.

Some legit, some counterfeit, both collectable.