waimac

Hi all, new here, from Hong Kong.

Love Klipsch speakers.

Plan to buy the reference series to set up a 5.1 system

RF-52 Floorstanders

RC-52 Center

RS-42 Surrounds

RW-10d Subwoofer

Actually, more than enough for Hong Kong living room around 220 sq. ft.

Still looking for a GOOD enough Amp for the speakers. I selected Yamaha 665 and Onkyo 707.

Purpose to use the system mainly for movie and 20% music. Please recommend for this kind of usage which one is better suit me??

Want to save some $$ for wires and later Power AMP

Thank you.

I owned a Yamaha 765 and it works Great, for mainly every use. I use mainly 60% Movies and 40% Music. In my opinion I has used Yamaha and the had worked great for me. Your planing to put everything on HDMI or please share with us what Video setup you have.

Thank you for your all advices and experiences sharing. Actually, I will get a PS3 Slim (which has bitstream) as my major source (bluray and Dvd and even CD) to link to the Yamaha 665 first. Target later on will get a Cambridge Audiio a640c and a Emotiva 3-channel power amp afterward. PS3 links to the Amp by HDMI. So it is just a simple setup. That's why I m looking for a budget buy Amp with preout and good for movie and music. Thanks.

P.s. I m welcome any advices of amp within this price range.

For a 5.1 system, Straight mode will send unprocessed audio to all 5 speakers if the receiver is getting 5.1 program material. Not sure about DTS HD, but that's how it works with regular DTS and Dolby PLIIx. You only need a Surround mode if you want to send 5.1 material to 6 or 7 speakers.