RB5 & S.E.T.? Lookie What I Found -

Deang

very nice review, well-balanced, thoughtful, I especially appreciate the frequency response and impedance charts, as many manufacturers are not very forthcoming with such information, I like the comparison to the Advant Garde Unos, which hold the gold medal winners position in the high end of audio horns, I should note that I am in the school that thinks the horns should be focused at the ears, this brings the image and the sweetest treble together, but reveals harshness of the front-end equipment, I do listen to a pair of big old horns on SET amps, and I have listended to efficient cone speakers on SET also -

while they can not reproduce the largest notes of the hard struck tampani with the most force, or drive the hardest rocking Melissa Etheridge or Billy Idol with the most challenging of forces, the combination os super-efficient speakers with the delicacy and texture of 2A3 type amps is one of enjoyable details and tone, thank you for a very informative review -

the KSP300 review is enlighting also, nice to see the specs and hear the results ...

------------------

Colin's Music System Cornwall 1s & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing!

This message has been edited by Colin on 03-03-2002 at 12:35 PM

this review says

"The RB-5 should be fairly easy to drive, but a single-ended amp might not like the phase angle, either"

so which amp(not AV receiver),do you think, is nice match with RB-5 in stereo performance.