TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE

BigStewMan

So I'm bored yesterday and start searching craigs list for Klipsch. Find a pair of La Scalas about an hour drive away. They look okay in the picture--the price is $350

The seller says that this is "This weekend Only." The ad was published yesterday too. I send an email and never get a reply. of course i understand that people have lives and stuff; but, if one posts something on saturday and says the sale is only for the weekend, wouldn't you think that checking email for replies would be important. i do understand that perhaps someone already bought them, so the seller is ignoring emails now. Like i said, too good to be true.

So I'm bored yesterday and start searching craigs list for Klipsch. Find a pair of La Scalas about an hour drive away. They look okay in the picture--the price is $350 The seller says that this is "This weekend Only." The ad was published yesterday too. I send an email and never get a reply. of course i understand that people have lives and stuff; but, if one posts something on saturday and says the sale is only for the weekend, wouldn't you think that checking email for replies would be important. i do understand that perhaps someone already bought them, so the seller is ignoring emails now. Like i said, too good to be true.

StewMan,

Never forget that someone could just be trying to be a DI@K!!

I have a 1967 GT 390 Big Block Fastback Mustang, and for 18 years I also owned a 1969 Boss 302. The Boss 302 did not come out till mid year 1969, so there were only 1,628 Boss 302s built in 1969, while there were 7,056 of them built in 1970.

A "friend" of mine thought it would be a nice stunt to list my cars in the "FreeBee" adds in the local newspaper. To list in the "FreeBees" was free, but the items for sale had to be for $75 or less. He listed my cars as a 1969 Boss 302 and a 1967 Shelby GT-350 for $75 each, he listed my name, my phone number, and wrote come haul them away. I had A-Holes that worked at the NewsPaper calling at 3 AM before the papers were even delivered, and although my address wasn't even listed, I had people showing up very early in the morning and all day long on my door step. In all cases, these "Bargain Hunters" were nasty, and treated me like a DI@K when I explained the cars were not for sale, and that someone was trying to mess with me.

Roger

Roger, that's a pretty sucky practical joke--i hope you got him back and good.

i don't know what is up, i still never got an reply. i don't know anything about craig's list security; but, i have to click on the link to send an email to the seller--when i didn't get a reply, i was worrying if it was some malicious link that i clicked on disguised as an email. probably just being paranoid, he probably learned that his selling price was real low and changed his mind.