(cough) "KlipschCast" (aspirate): Hope you didn't drink the KlipschCast kool-aid like me.

WalterEgo

I am an owner of a CS-700. I bought it with the understanding that I could couple it with room-grooves and create a home theater and varying input, house-wide sound station. I bought with the idea that in 6 months I could then afford a room groove satellite and 6 months later another one. Unfortunately, immediately after my original purchase Klipsch has seemingly abandoned the technology that led me to first purchase the CS-700. Despite still hyping the KlipschCast feature on their website, you can't find a roomgroove this side of the pond. I've called Klipsch and they just shrug.

Now that I have vented about Klipsch's hyping then pulling the plug antics I have to resolve this. I have two choices, find roomgrooves in the US that people are willing to give up for a reasonable price or scrap (and get a Polk surroundbar, sub, Pioneer 1019 receiver, and BRP or some other alternative). I'll take any advice and if anyone else is wanting to vent about Klipsch, you've got an ear.

I think many of us that hang around here are satisfied with our experiences, that's why we are still here. Being this is your first post and probably your last post, I'd like to say welecome and good bye.

taking the leap into a new technology comes with it's own woes. Early adopters often get screwed, Look at HD DVD, Laser Disc, 8 track, many people spent money but apparently not enough people to continue to fund the project.

You were lucky enough to be one of those early adopters.

Hang out here a bit and see if some come up in the garage sale section.

I guess the most frustrating thing is that KlipschCast seems like a can't lose technology AND is one that Klipsch is STILL hyping. They should qualify any mention of KlipschCast on their website at a minimum, better assist those who bought into the technology only to have it abruptly discontinued, and I would hope revive the technology altogether.

Thank you for your response post. I'm not complaining about industry-wide changes in technology like Laserdisk, I'm complaining about the abrupt discontinuation of KlipschCast, an in-company change that came without a timely warning (such as "We will be discontinuing the KC line in 2010") by a company that continues to advertise the technology on their website.

I hate to say it but this is the sort of thing that turns a lifelong Klipsch supporter into a Polk (or other) fan and should make others who haven't been burned by Klipsch at least the more skeptical of the company.

These are both UK located with very high shipping costs (as well as high unit costs). Yes, it is possible that I could get an overseas roomgroove but the overseas cost is prohibitive. Thank you for the link, though. Who knows. When I buy a Polk system maybe I'll put it up on this site out of "KlipschCast-spite". Say that fast 3 times.

I'm in the same boat. I have a CS-700 and one Roomgroove. I need 2 or 3 more. You can find them

pretty regularly on Ebay. I plan to get the rest of my Roomgrooves this way. I'm disappointed they

discontinued them, but I really like my CS-700, so I'm still happy.

• Moderators

Unfortunately, immediately after my original purchase Klipsch has seemingly abandoned the technology that led me to first purchase the CS-700. Despite still hyping the KlipschCast feature on their website, you can't find a roomgroove this side of the pond.

I'm really sorry about the lack of availability on the Roomgroove. It was extremely unfortunate the economy tanked, and our industry was hit extremely hard at the same time these launched. The company was restructured to move our focus back to doing what we do best - making loudspeakers - which was necessary to remain a strong and viable brand, able to support our existing customers as best as we can. The new technology we had just begun to develop was sadly lost in the transition. That's not to say it won't be picked up again sometime in the future.

All that said, please let me know where you are located, and I'll see if I can help locate a Roomgroove or two.

Thanks!

house-wide sound station

or some other alternative

My dear Ego.... it's easy.

All you have to do is place one Klipschorn speaker into two corners of your room and you will have 'house-wide sound' at your fingertips.

With appropriate amps and neighbors, you can also have house wide sound for them as well! [6]

Amy,

I'm located in Asheville, NC. I do not expect any assistance and I'm not sure how you can, but it would be appreciated.

Let me just add, I think the loss of the klipschCast technology from your line is unfortunate. With a bluRay upgrade to the CS line and possibly the ability to transmit sound from the room grooves to the central unit (and not just it to the roomgrooves) this technology had IMO the best potential of any 2.1 home theater/sound system. Perhaps that's why I'm so pissed. I saw this system as a house-wide AV and audio only system without the prohibitive wires and capable of being moved from one house to another.

I saw the new technology as "can't miss". I just didn't see a company abandoning such a future-looking strategy (one independent of whims like "laser disc").

Again, thanks.

Walter

• Moderators

Amy,

I'm located in Asheville, NC. I do not expect any assistance and I'm not sure how you can, but it would be appreciated.

Have to get in that I just love Asheville.

Please call me when you have a moment, I may be able to help locate a couple Roomgrooves. 800-Klipsch, ask for me.

I just didn't see a company abandoning such a future-looking strategy

I agree, and like i said, we haven't completely abondoned it. We still have the technology, and may be in a position to pick it up again in the future. I'll stay optimisitic [:)]

I was at Best Buy yesterday and in the spot where they used to have the CS-700 and Roomgroove, they now had a display for the Sony version of Klipschcast called S-Air. I was bummed to see that while Klipsch had gotten out of that segment, Sony had gotten into it in a big way - they had several versions of audio equipment that connected wirelessly. I'm sure the Sony stuff doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the Klipsch, though. Jon

• 2 months later...

WalterEgo,

Yes I did drink the kool-aid

I just found out earlier in the week that the CS-700 and Roomgroove were discontinued when I went online to buy a roomgroove and also to see which ipods it was compatible with. I had the same idea as you when I went into BestBuy in the spring I had never heard of anything like the CS-700 and was blown away at the possibilty of putting roomgrooves either on my patio/upstairs/garage/kitchen etc. to expand the sound of the music I was playing in my living room throughout my house. I didn't have the money to buy a roomgroove but assumed that since the system was brand new I would pick one or two up later as I could. So you can imagine my dissappointment to find out that the series has been discontinued. No it looks like its going to be tough to even find a refurbished or used on online....I'm really upset regarding all of this. I'm trying to contact Klipsch regarding all of this as well. If you find anything out as to good solutions please let me know.

Joe

I was offered some refurbished roomgrooves through klipsch (contact them) for appr $200 a piece, however, I bailed on it (sold it and purchased an A/V receiver/speakers system) just as Klipsch had bailed on the technology. I just didn't want to invest further in dead tech. If you want to commit further call them and ask about the few remaining refurbs left. there were only 5 at the time and my plan to buy up to 4 total, one every 3-4 months just wasnt likely to work.

WalterEgo