WHAT DISTANCE SHOULD I SIT FROM RF-7'S

rugerdog

Wow,I always see the suggested distance,to sit from front speakers,is an equal distant triangle.My front speakers are 6 feet apart.To sit only 6 feet away from my speakers??? I just can't do it.It's too close.Do you all,those of you who are satisfied with the performance of your front sound setup,sit that close???

My front speakers are about 7 feet apart and I sit just over 10 feet away from them. The equilateral triangle is just a rule of thumb and isn't convenient in all instances. Do you have your speakers angled in towards your listening position or aiming straight ahead?

Do you have enough space in your room to move your speakers further apart? Having the speakers and the listener at the corners of an equilateral triangle is a suggested starting point, but it's not a hard and fast rule. For movies, some people feel that the speakers shouldn't be very far from the sides of the TV, or the wide soundfield may distract from the screen, but for music, most listeners prefer to have the speakers further apart.

For a while, I had my La Scalas about 5.5 feet apart and I sat about 8.5 feet from them. They sounded okay, but they sound much better since I re-arranged the room and now have them 12.5 feet apart and sit about 13 feet from them. The soundstage is bigger and there seems to be more detail in the music, but I'm not sure why there'd be more detail. Sure sounds good, though.

Klipsch usually recommends putting the speakers on the long wall of a rectangular room. That will generally work out well in terms of speaker and listener positioning.

Yea,last night,after having mine toed in far too much,must of been about 30 degrees in(each).I put them 7 feet apart and only toed in about 10 degrees.Wow,what a difference,and I'm sitting 8 feet away.But before I did this,the sound was too concentrated at the speakers themselves.Really opened up the sound,fills the room.

Thanks,things are getting better.