JimG, A question for you about ARCAM.

MikeW

There are also suggestions from within the company to create a very special low output amp. Don't know if this will go anywhere but we're always asking.

One of the problems Klipsch has is the difficulty of getting our dealers to display our Heritage models. We've discussed this in the forum before so I won't rehash. Imagine though trying to get dealers to bring in not only our Heritage speakers, but also a low power tube amp. Quite a challenge. Then there is the question of Klipsch's credibility as a manufacturer of tube electronics. With all the choices in today's market, it would be difficult to get such a product on display. FWIW, a while back we actually had some prototypes but saw little opportunity.

jazman,

I think it's great that Klipsch is responding to the much anticpated return of the Heritage line, even for us newbies!!

JimGs comment is was what most of us have been waiting for. I can't wait to have an ear full of Heritage sound at my local audio retailer and yes JimG, then at home.

Thanks for the update JimG.

BobG, as for the tube amp, you can count me in. I'm considering a second room just for music powered by a tub amp and the Heritage line of speakers. Why not sell a package deal? If you buy this line of speakers we'll throu in a Limited Edition Heritage Tube Amp signed and dated by yours truly Paul Klipsch.

I'm about to state what you and many other people already know.....I think Klipsch is on verge of becoming the next Harley of the audio world. I believe the answers lie right here in these forums. The Klipsch Forum in its self is brilliant. Like Harleys' presence at rallys this forum is your opportunity to see who and what your customers want. For me I want todays technology wraped up in yesterdays looks. The tub amp has long history with Klipsch, I think if build on this history people will be there to support you, especially the baby boomer audiophiles.

MikeW

Imagine though trying to get dealers to bring in not only our Heritage speakers, but also a low power tube amp. Quite a challenge.

Yeah, in a market dominated by Home Theater.

UGLY is more like it.

Imagine the look of the audio dealer employee, when he has to pack a pair of Belles around.

And most common audio dealers would be completly ignorant to tube amplification.

(You ever see how they wire all that demo stuff up?)

We've had little speakers rammed down our throats for 15 years or longer, whose gonna change now?

People look at heritage speakers like Pro Sound gear,

I know that sounds bad, but it is the general attitude.

And of course, the WAF.

So it's looks like the new Heritage will be a purist speaker pretty much.

Probably sold only at Purist type audio joints.

But still a good buy for the money for a Purist audio maniac who loves tube amplification?

I have no clue.

Why not have a Tube amp outfit sponser your Heritage speakers?

Like Monster Wire?

THANX!

A bit of backtracking--Kevin, give it up, man. You can't win with logic and common sense. You must simply bow to the gods of toobdom. Accept the mantra on faith, because it is, after all, a religion.

And now for something completely different: I do completely buy the klipsch/harley comparison. I hope that pans out, marketing-wise, for our friends at klipsch. Harley, John Deere, Klipsch and apple pie...and I'm proud to be an American, where at least I -- can buy klipsch products cheaper than anywhere else in the world.

------------------

JDMcCall

JimG has let his loose lips slip some advance info to you regarding the Heritage relaunch. I promise there will be much more information soon. Maybe even some fun stuff here on the web site. wink wink, nod nod.