Help With Auido Hook Ups

davebfpd

i have a small setup in a large basement RF62s upfront RC62 center RW10d and my surrounds are old kenwoods movies music soung good i am happy for the most part i have pioneer 918 reciever 65" mits dlp and a VIP722 HD box for dish network i can hear a good amont of his when i am listening to the xm music through the dish i have the audio from the dish hooked up to reciever through the toslink and the HDMI to the TVjust for video should i be running HDMI through my reciever then to me TV i do have a digital coax going from the tv to the reciver so that when my son plays 360 down there he can just hook up to the tv and the tv sends to the reciver on the tv input for the reciever any help would be great you guys here are all awsome have helped me solve any probs i have had thanks again i should also not that i do not here any his when listening to CDs witch my CD player is just running normal RCAs

Holy crap, was that seriously one sentence?? I'm going to overlook that due to the fact that you're a fellow Klipsch and Mitsubishi 65" TV owner, otherwise... [;)]

I would run HDMI into your receiver then into your TV. That generally will give you the best sound and picture quality possible and might eliminate the hiss you hear.

• Moderators

Holy crap, was that seriously one sentence??

Holy crap, was that seriously one sentence??

I ran out of breath reading it. [:P] When possible, run everything from your components (Xbox, DVD player, CD player etc) into your receiver, then HDMI to your TV and let your receiver do the video switching.Use the following order of heiarchy for video (HDMI, Component Video, S-Video, Composite Video, coax) and for audio (HDMI, Digital Coax, Toslink, Composite, coax).

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...