KLF-20 cabinet vibrating badly in rear.

achapman

I just went through this with a set of KG 5.5 cabs.

I went to the home improvement store and bought some 3/4 x 3/4 square strips of wood, they are in the high quality wood section and you will pay for them. I bought them so that they went full length of the inside of the cab with about 2 inches of space on either end, in my case, they were 30" long.

I took the drivers out of the cabs so I could reach the inside. I cleaned up all of the glue that was smeared around the joint and got the wood ready for glueing. I made some clamp sticks, sticks that are just slightly longer than the distance between the new corner glue blocks and the distance between the motor board and the top of the glue blocks. When wedged, they should apply pressure to hold the glue blocks in place but should not put a large pressure on them so that you don't bow out the cabs or back.

I used Gorilla glue as per the instructions (white, quick setting) and within 2 hours we were gently playing music and the next day, we cranked them up pretty darn good. No rattle to be found. I did both cabs as if one is going, the other will likely be close also.

The whole fix, wood for glue blocks, wood for glue clamps and the glue cost about $24 total, add an hour per cab and you are back in music.