Installing Crites Tweeters

dsndblm

Hi All

I'm in the process of replacing the tweeters in my 1980 Cornwalls. I'm thinking about doing the diaphram replacement myself but want to make sure it's something I can do without issues. I remember seeing a website that showed steps with pictures and had detailed instructions. Can anyone send me a link?

Thanks in advance.

It took me about 15 minutes on my first Forte II and about 5 on the second to replace the diaphragms. I'm not sure about the Cornwall but the opening to remove the horn through the front motorboard is very small on the Forte and I bent one of the connectors trying to put the first one back in. Once I figured out the right angle it had to go back in at everything went fine.

Bob's steps on his website are excellent for a DIY install. If you happen to live close by I'd be happy to lend a hand.

It took me about 15 minutes on my first Forte II and about 5 on the second to replace the diaphragms. I'm not sure about the Cornwall but the opening to remove the horn through the front motorboard is very small on the Forte and I bent one of the connectors trying to put the first one back in. Once I figured out the right angle it had to go back in at everything went fine.

Bob's steps on his website are excellent for a DIY install. If you happen to live close by I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Thanks for the offer. If you want to take a vacation from Minnesota and enjoy some Arizona sun sometime, come on over!