Whoa..Noob want feedback.

Convo

So I was doing some research and I thought I found a great deal on

HD Theater 500 system

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/hd-theater-500-overview/

Paired with an Onkyo 5.1 SR507

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882120131

After finding this site I'm pretty confused. It doesn't sound like you guys even recommend going that way?? I'm a few days into all this so very new and learning as I go. I was trying to keep this under a $1,000. Seems like a lot suggest 2 standing front speakers to start? I'm looking for bang for buck for movies/music/games.

The reason many would suggest a pair of Klipsch "normal" speakers is that they are not part of a complete integrated system. That allows system "portability" and placement options. I think what many are saying is build the system to suit your needs, room available, etc. rather than a complete system to start with. You may find that spending less than $1000 on an initial pair of really good "front" speakers, for example a pair of Forte's, or a pair of Cornwalls, etc. may be a better way to go and then build on that. On the other hand, the HD Theater may be just what you are looking for in terms of convenience and space available. I would suggest listening to the different "options" before "plunking down" a chunk of change on a system that you may very well "out grow" within a year or two.

I agree with Groom..............

I had the Quintets for my First system................within 6 months, to the day I needed/ to Upgrade ................the sound / power just was not there.

Though systems like these may be fine for a very Few................Groomlakear is correct.............you can spend lots less money and get a Great system to grow with, and without breaking the Bank..............

JMHO

(Now I feel Better)...........................

I'd reccommend checking ebay and getting a nice pair of klipsch tower speakers with with bire and a nice digital receiver. I only have two RF-62 setup on my receiver and the nice thing about recevier is that once the sound caliberation is done, it throws sound to the back as if i had rear speakers. I was is shock when i heard sound coming from the back of my room.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Seems like I can get a pair or F3's for under 500. How are they?

Hah I am a noob at this. Thus the word. Not really a nickname, more of a way for me to let the posters know where I am in terms of knowledge.

I never heard the F3's but I've noticed their usually bunch of these in stock at best buy. I personally think youd be happier with the RF series.

I just noticed a pair of 52's on ebay with 30 bids and counting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-RF52-FLOOR-STANDING-SPEAKERS_W0QQitemZ130338821379QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSpeakers_Subwoofers?hash=item1e58cc9503