Klipsch 4.1/s versus Logitech Z560's

Hi folks,

I've been reading a lot of detailed online reviews this week that compare the KL 4.1's with the Logitech Z560 setup.

Surprising enough (to ME anyways :-), most of them say that the Z560 system has the better (and more reliable) sound quality, and at $138 USD, it's less than half the price of the Klipsch.

I notice that they both have a total output of 400W (RMS)...PLUS, all the reviewers seem to highly praise the Z560's " *M3D* feature really produces a great surround sound when activated.

I must admit, I'm a bit skeptical simply because of the huge price difference, and the Logitech stuff does LOOKS a much cheaper quality product from the web photo's....BUT,

I haven't actually heard them...

So, give me the scoop guys...

10 - 4, over,

KEV

I've heard reports that the bass is just TOOOO overpowering and sounds somewhat sloppy. Also reports of the sub being a bit distorted due to vibrations within the port itself. I haven't heard them myself, however, I have no complaints with my Klipsch 4.1's.

Biggrin.gif

I have heard both, prefer the less overpowering bass of the Pro's (unless you are a gamer and like a larger than life boom occassionaly), but for music, the ProMedia's win for the bass and the treble, where the Z560's had a slight lead in the mid range, but over all i prefer the ProMedia's. But it really depends on the listener. I might say that REM is the best band ever, and you might say no, it is Orgy... well, no one can really say, it is YOUR ears that matter Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

i am 17 Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Hehe, I thought I'd never hear someone say that the pros have less overpowering bass. Get the logitechs, sound better, play louder, better sub, less than half the price, end of story. I predict Klipsch will revamp the promedia line if needed, but people still buy them, so there is no need to do that from a business standpoint.