rf-83 placement ?

Welcome to the forum.

I have a pair of RF-63's that are placed in the corners and pulled out about 8" from the rear wall and about 12" from the side wall toed in toward the ideal listening position. My room is 16 ft. wide, 30 ft. long and ceiling is 12 ft. high. Of course the 63's are not the 83's but I think most advice should apply to both.

If I had to give an educated guess, I would say for corner placement, 8 to 15 inches from rear wall and the same for the side wall. For non corner placement, 8 to 15 inches from rear wall will suffice for most applications. If you are running your 83's at full range, you might want the "blow holes" to breath a bit more.

Bill

Hi guys yes I'm using them in full range and they are in the center of the room not in the corners and have played around with them a bit today and am noticing that there is a lot more bass when there 19 inch's away from the back wall compared to 16 inches ,,,but sound stage is somewhat lacking with them being only 45"apart,, not much i can do about that

Also i notice if i tow them in the bass almost disappears so i wont be doing that as i am also a Big Fan Of Bass !!

On a side note i picked these up after hearing my Buddy's rf82s which i was very unpressed with and let me tell you these things just blew my mind !!! hes coming over tonight for the BIG SHOW[:D]and hes bringing the beer !!!!!

Since they are in the middle of the room and you didn't like the sound when angled in with them 19" away. Try to move them closer to the wall and angle them in and see how they sound. Remember if you angle them in then the 19" dimension changes with the angle.

Also the best placement is the one that sounds the best to you. Have fun tonight and remember to post some pictures of the setup when you can.

James

hi guys ,,my buddy near lost his mind when he heard the 83s {although he says I'm using a cheater amp?} he loves them and is now shopping for a pair but does not know how good the 82s would be for surround duty and is trying to decide if he should sell them or not..he will be signing up on this form to ask some questions soon i told him you guys are very friendly and help full,, and if his wife kicks him out i can then blame you guys [H]

Thanks