RF-62 System Vs. F-3 System

Jakeg123

Is the RF-62 system all that much better? Is there a very large difference in the sound quality between the RF-62 system and the F-3 system? What is your opinion? Is it worth getting the RF-62 system over the F-3 system? I can get the F-3 system through Vanns.com for amazing prices. I can get the C3 for $179 opposed to the $499 for the RC-62. Also, for the surrounds, I can get a pair of S3s for $199 opposed to $780 for a pair of the the RS-52s. Finally for the sub, I can get a Sub-12 for $350 opposed to the RW-12d for $799. Thus, is the RF-62 system worth all of the extra money?

(I am on a tight budget, the more I can save, the better)

If you can listen to the F 3 I think you'll enjoy the system. The reference is good, but for now I think the F 3 system will blow your socks off.

That way you can save up and later on get something else.........

Your dime, Your Ears, Your decision.............Good Luck.

I have 62's and really like them. But, If i were in your shoes and had enough money for a complete "system" I would buy the best front mains (like 63's or 83's) I could afford. And then later buy a center channel, RC64. And so on. In the long run you won't regret it. Good luck.

• Moderators

it would probably take me over a year or two to purchase all of the speakers.

That is probably typical of most of us in the forums. I saved and purchased my pieces as I could afford them, paying cash and looking for bargains. To me, it was totally worth the wait. Being patient is difficult but it is worth it in the end.