When did the Klipsch forums start?

Deang

who was the first user, non moderator or klipsch employee to join?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

The forum may have started with the publications of "Dope from Hope." Newsletters by PWK. It is hard to determine whether these went only to dealers, or also to buyers and experimenters.

The "Klipsch Papers" included many of the DfH, but there are gaps. I can't help wonder what was in the missing ones.

Similarly, he invited feedback from home builders in at least one technical publication describing the K-Horn.

Maybe this didn't get as far as he would have liked. He may have well like some feedback from builders of his brainchild, and be willing to publish them. He spoke of some good feedback in one DfH.

My guess is that there were not experimenters, but rather commercial interlopers.

It is interesting to ponder how people exchanged common interests and thoughts before the computer bbs.

There is a terrific book, "The Code Book" by Simon Sing about cryptology. In there, there is a description of the effort to understand "Linear A" and "Linear B". Ancient written language; and the extent to which they may represent a spoke language. The latter was eventually understood to be a written expression of early Greek.

It seems that in those times, scholars (professional and amateur) would exchange their insights through informal news letters, probably reproduced on mimeograph machines, without issues of academic "I thought of it first"; publish or perish; or IP priority.

Maybe PWK in the DfH was doing something like that. There may well be such things going on here.

Gil

This message has been edited by William F. Gil McDermott on 03-06-2002 at 10:38 PM