KLF-10 vs. Forte II

tarche

Thinking about picking up a pair of black KLF-10's to replace my Forte II's. Three reasons -- I'm running a KLF-C7 center, black is easier to match vs. oiled oak should I get a new non-oak wall unit, and KLF-10s seem readily available at very reasonable prices. That last reason is the kicker as there are currently two 'for sale' offers within driving distance.

Will the sound be better -- considering the matching C7, comparable, or woefully inferior to my Forte II's that I purchased new in 1994?

Any opinions you can provide would be most welcome. Thanks.

Thanks. We've been doing a lot of remodeling/upgrading lately and the 10-year-old oak wall unit is looking dated. The wife would like something more cherry should we replace it, hence my investigation of non-oak Klipsch's on the secondary market. Suppose I could also look for black fortes, but the KLF-10s are considerably cheaper and available locally. I'll probably pass on the local KLF-10's, but if a pair of black 20's or 30's become available, ...decisions, decisions.

I owned KLF 20s and now own Fortes and the Fortes and C7 should work great! The KLF 10s and 20s are very good speakers but it is not a upgrade sound wise over the Forte IIs.

If black speakers are a must do to WAF then post on the upgrade section of the forum about how to paint your Forte II in black or even cherry veneer. There are a lot of great people that can help.

If you don't want to paint them then check Craigslist, Audiogon, and the Garage sale section on this forum and a pair of Black Forte IIs will show up eventually.

• 3 weeks later...