How do I hook up my Klipsch LF-10 Sub-Woofer?

BHZ Boy

So I opened the boxes last night...brand new Klipsch LF10 and Harman Kardon AVR 7000. I read my Klipsch manual and it appears I am suppose to run BOTH an LFE line and wire my KLF10's (fronts) through my subwoofer. Then, I read the HK (receiver) manual and it tells me to just run the LFE line - no mention of running my speakers through my sub.

I am new at this HT setup stuff - always just listened to two-channel without a sub. So, I am embarrassed to have to ask - what do I do? How do I hook up my sub?

No teasing me here okay? Just need some "sound" advice from those that know best.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm 99% sure it's one or the other, so to answer your first question the answer is no.

Second Yes the sub will work in 2 channel even if it's plugged into the LFE.

Craig

------------------

Klipsch KLF30 Mains (OAK)

Klipsch KLF-C7 Front Center (OAK)

Klipsch KLF-C7 Rear Center (OAK)

Klipsch KSP-S6 Surrounds

Dual SVS 20-39CS+ Sub's

Samson S1000 Sub Amp

Panamax 5300

Harman Kardon AVR 520

(2)Acurus 200x3

Yamaha MDX-793 Mini disc

Sony CDP-C701ES 5 disc Player

Sony S565D DVD

Hitachi MX6080EM Muli-system HI-FI VCR

Hitachi 29" T.V.

BHZ

I got an LF-10 sub, but I bought it used and never got the manual. I do NOT believe you should hook up twoin puts at once to the LF-10. Either use the LFE input (the best way) or the line level inputs (not quite as good) or the speaker posts (crumby!). But not both.

I have mine connected from the LFE connector to the outputs of a Marchand 24 dB / octave active crossover at 70 Hz. It works quite nicely and will shake the walls!

Al K.

Use the LFE input on the LF10,if you enable/ativate the sub out on your H/K you should hear the sub working no matter if its plain "2 channel" or 5.1 working.

The sub will add some good foundation to movies and music(unless you listen to birds singing LOL).

Me I cant live without a sub,err many subs.

I would NOT use speaker level/high level to conect a sub unless I would have no other choice.

TheEAR(s) Now theears