Samson S1000 with KG4s?

Rivernuggets

I haven't tried the S1000 but I have had horrible luck with all Samson gear. (this is in pro audio situations only)

I have also had horrible luck with a lot of behringer gear too, but the Behringer EUROPOWER amps are very reliable.

They stole the design from the QSC RMX series, (that's what they do, copy designs)but I think it's dead on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYPKJkofO6s

A behringer EP 1500 would be in this price range.

I have several of the EP2500 amps which are used every single day for up to 12 hours and I have never had any problems with them. And they have been installed for at least 4 years now.

The only Behringer equipment I recommend are these amps and the DCX 2496 loudspeaker processor.

Its better to have more clean power than less. If you aren't hearing audible distortion from your speakers you're going to be fine. I would doubt that you use more than 10-20 watts from an amp like that. I'm not sure if the Samson is considered to be much of an audiophile amp. It works great as a sub amp but I'd be a little leery about it for anything else. I know the Crown XTi series and the QSC PLX pro amps have a better reputation for sounding great running full range with Klipsch speakers.

I've only once slightly illuminated the 'clip' indicator light on the Samson. In their literature they state that that light should illuminate briefly under max output without worrying about damaging the speaker/subwoofer, as long as the speaker/sub can handle that many watts of course. I forget exactly what I was listening to, it was a song by Pink Floyd. Hoo boy can that thing crank out some serious power into my Ultra! There's 3 power output indicator lights, two green ones and one red one that's the clip light. Usually the second light will barely light up and there's a ton of output.