anyone using Velo SMS1 sub eq?

RockOn4Klipsch

I have two Velodyne SMS1 units, they work well with any sub. Not a SVS or JL or Klipsch thing here,these are proven good performers and will faltten the response in just about any setup you can imagine. Unless your upscale receiver or better pre/pro has an advanced bass(sub bass) correction the SMS1 is a good add on.

I use mine with custom subs,my wall O subwoofers, consisting of 10 18" and 10 15" subs. I get a pretty flat frequecy responseat listening position down to 12Hz at outputs over 120dB with ease,I did never try max output as the shaking starts to get car like.The SMS1 has a roll off very deep but this is just for empty talk over the net. In the real world what is cut off is extreme LF that is WASTED ENERGY anyway.

Thanks EAR, will the SMS1 give a "Full Range" display? I know it will show real time result on the screen but is the microphone and software limited to showing only the lower frequencies? or will it give a full read out of the FR of my speakers so that I could identify other peaks in my room?

I currently have no room correction technology in place, I'm sure I could use some improvement but I don't know how much.

My rat shack meter shows 1 major peak, in an area I'm not real concerned about as I can't hear it, I can only feel it. the other is a 6 - 8dB valley in the mid-bass area, I'm not sure if it's speaker placement or sub placement, it stay consistent across 2 ch listening and HT so I'm not sure.

I don't know if I would benefit from a new pre/pro with audyssey or the likes for HT, or simply from the SMS 1.

What and how are the best ways to test and chart my rooms RF to locate whether it's a sub issue or speaker issue?

...will the SMS1 give a "Full Range" display? I know it will show real time result on the screen but is the microphone and software limited to showing only the lower frequencies? or will it give a full read out of the FR of my speakers so that I could identify other peaks in my room?

My DD-18, which basically has an inbuilt SMS-1, only shows up to 200Hz. I do not know if the microphone is capable of higher frequencies, though.

What and how are the best ways to test and chart my rooms RF to locate whether it's a sub issue or speaker issue?

As a rule of thumb, if it's above your crossover point, it's a speaker issue, below, a sub issue. You can try the sub in different positions around the room and measure response at the seated position. Just be sure you're checking it with your receiver's volume control in the same spot each time.