$44.00 Dayton Class T amp from PE

Riot260

Looking for a low power consumption amp for battery owered camping trips so I ordered the Dayton Class T amp: 15 WPC.

I recieved this amp today and just hooked it up. I tried it 1st with my 96db efficient Klipsch Heresys sounded ok.

I am now using it to power my 101db efficient Klipsch Chorus IIs and the punch and clarity rivals my 130watt Denon.

Right now using my Denon AVR 4806 as a preamp with RCA to mini plug into the Dayton Class T with 18 gauge wire to a pair of Chorus IIs.

Wow! Incredible! Simply jaw dropping this little box puts out this kind of sound level.

Connected to the Chorus IIs have my wife beating on the wall to turn the volume down!

If you have La Scalas or anything over 100db efficient this is an amazing little amp.

Now we'll just see how it holds up.

Those little amps are very durable. I was first turned on to them a couple of years ago. They have their limitations but they are an incredible bang for the buck. The strength of the amps is their smoothness on the top. They sound even better directly run from a source (CDP, Ipod) without a prepro.

The other interesting thing is they sound a bit tubelike on the top end once you mate them up to a stand alone PSU. The sound improvement is really somewhat amazing with a PSU.

I currently have a bunch of them in setups around the house (patio, garage, bedroom etc) that I simply plug in my CDP or ipod to various Klipsch and JBLs throughout the house.

I also now run them front and back on the top end horns in my main setup with stand alone PSUs and a tube prepro (active). If you keep them within their capabilities, they sound amazingly good.

welcome to the club.

Carl.