Forte I's with Mods vs Forte II's without Mods?

willland

I have a pair of Forte's that I am considering upgrading with Crites crossovers and titanium tweeters. I really like the Forte's in stock form but was wondering if finding a pair of Forte II's would be the better option? I am very impressed with the smoothness of the mids in my Quartet's with the tractrix horns which leans me toward the Forte II's.

One main reason to keep the Forte's and just mod them is because the cabinets are almost perfect and the drivers(passive and active) are in equally good shape. I know it will cost me more in the log run to keep them and modify than to sell and buy the Forte II's.

I guess my question is: mod the Forte's or get some Forte II's?

Bill

IMHO...... look at it this way..... you sell the Forte-I's and then buy Forte-II's.... and you then get the itch again, and here's what your next post will look like in a year,

I have a pair of Forte-II's that I am considering upgrading with Crites crossovers and titanium tweeters. I really like the Forte's in stock form but was wondering if finding a pair of Cornwalls would be the better option?

One main reason to keep the Forte's and just mod them is because the cabinets are almost perfect and the drivers(passive and active) are in equally good shape. I know it will cost me more in the log run to keep them and modify than to sell and buy the Cornwalls.

I guess my question is: mod the Forte-II's or get some Cornwall's?

Then in about a year or two, this is what will happen.....

I have a pair of Cornwall-II's that I am considering upgrading with Crites crossovers and titanium tweeters. I really like the Cornwall's in stock form but was wondering if finding a pair of Klipschorns would be the better option?

One main reason to keep the Cornwall's and just mod them is because the cabinets are almost perfect and the drivers(passive and active) are in equally good shape. I know it will cost me more in the long run to buy the Klipschorns.

I guess my question is: mod the Cornwalls or get some Klipschorns's?

You're doomed!! You have the virus for which there is no cure!! Just skip the whole "justification" trip (which is painful....) and just go for K'horns now!!! LOLOL!!!! [H]

You're doomed!! You have the virus for which there is no cure!! Just skip the whole "justification" trip (which is painful....) and just go for K'horns now!!! LOLOL!!!! Cool

Okay Groomlakerarea51,

That was pretty funny and I guess I paved a way for an answer like that. A somewhat expected reply from a forum member(just did not know who). Now please provide a more realistic answer specific to my question if you will. None of the options are really necessary but I am just curious to see what the majority of Forte owners would do.

Bill

[H]

Ok... Having had both I's and II's, and based upon your current lineup.... you would most likely like the II's better. The tractrix horn and the larger passive will make a difference in the overall "presentation". The "upgrade" would also be the Crite's diaphragms and recaps at some point as well.

From the aesthetics point of view? Pretty much the same.

Maybe dtel can chime in as he's got about 4 bazillion pairs of the Forte's.

I have three pair of Forte that are upgraded with self-built custom crossovers (K-stacks) and could not be happier with them. I like them better than my Cornwalls, which I have decided to sell.

Stick with Forte I, upgraded it's an awesome speaker.

Chris

Chris,

Do you still make those super K-stack crossovers?

If so, what Klipsch speakers will you make them for?

Thanks,

Noah