rs10 vs rs42

sprednek1

Hey all, I'm a new klipsch owner and new member to the forum. I'm slowing building my home theater setup and currently have rf10s as my mains and a rc35 center channel. I'm looking to get surrounds next and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice as to which of these speakers i should get. Both of these support WDST right? In Arkansas it's nearly impossible to find a dealer that actually has either of these I could listen to, so I was hoping someone on here could give me pros/cons of the two

Thanks.

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums.

You have a hybrid system, part RF-10, part RF-35 system. The RF-1's are timbre matched to the RC-1 and the RS-1's. I would think that the RC-35 that you have is a big improvement from the RC-1. You might want to try and find a pair of RF-35's to match your center. You can get whatever type of surround you choose (WDST or Direct Reflecting), that is merely preference.

You can compare the two systems below to see what surrounds Klipsch designed for that particular set of speakers.

RF-10 Home Theater System

RF-35 Home Theater System

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard the RS10 but do own the RS42. I have to say I am VERY impressed with the 42's. My system package recommends the RS52's for the RF82's that I have but I found the 42's on 6th Ave for $250 a pair so I couldn't pass them up. IMO go for the 42's

Good Luck,

Rocko