NEED ADVISE ON A PRE AMP/PROCESSOR

RICK VALLEJOS

Ok I think its time to upgrade my Pioneer Elite. Im running 2- RF7 s with Deans upgrade in the front and 2- RF7 s surround and RS 7 s rear, RC 64 center RSW 15 sub along with another 12 " Klipsch sub. I have a Emotiva XPA 5 and XPA 2 amp so there is plenty of power. I have a Samsung 64" plasma so HDMI is preferred, my budget is $2000 +/- I have looked at Sunfire,Integra,Marantz,Denon Yamaha etc......I do have the ability to add front heights in fact they are already there just not hooked up to anything. I am even open to something used, all opinions would greatly be appreciated or if someone comes across a great deal let me know. I have noticed there are some great deals on receivers now maybe I would be better off getting one of those and just using the pre-outs?????

How soon do you want to upgrade?

Check out the Outlaw 997.

http://outlawaudio.com/products/997.html

It was supposed to come out in 2009 and has been pushed back repeatedly, but should be coming out "soon." Introductory price is supposed to be around $1399 and they have a 30 day guarantee so you can try it out in your home for 30 days and if you don't like it you can return it. I'm running an Outlaw 990 right now and will likely upgrade to the 997 when it comes out.

I don't think the 997 does height speakers, but it does have a built in Trinnov Optimizer.

Well I have been waiting on the Emotiva UMC 1 to come out but running out of patiance, qny idea how the 2 would compare?

It's kinda hard to compare vaporware. It's like comparing how 2 different pair of speakers sound like based on just the spec sheets.

I can vouch for the Integra DHC 9.9. Pricing should be coming down since Integra is about to release their new line-up. That unit has Audyssey built in, balanced connections, all the latest audio decoding, 4 HDMI in and 2 HDMI out. Very nice unit. I sold my Parasound HALO C2 in order to get the HDMI and new audio formats. I have never looked back.