Anyone tried these cables?

fini

That does seem like a deal. Not sure what they come with is it right and left channel for 12.99 or is 12.99 per channel ??

------------------

HH Scott Tube FM Tuner LT-110B

HH Scott Tube Amp 222C

HH Scott Turn Table P-87

Sony DE-975 AV Receiver

Sony NS-900P DVD

Sony CD 5 DISC C315

Syenrgy SF-2 mains

KSC-C1 Center Channel

KSW-15 Sub

SS-1 Surrounds

Promedia 5.1 for the PC

fini... (what a way to start a play)... your low priced cable post is very interesting... particularly from the cannibalized connector perspective.

The specs make them appear to be well made but their nomenclature and photo matches cannot be found on the main Acoustic Research web site. No blue wire, no black connectors without big AR markings, etc. I wonder if this is their "low end" product line that may not see the light of day... although they most closely resemble their "pro" line?

AR is big on oxygen free wire cores... but oxygen free is not as highly regarded in some tests that I have read recently... in terms of having a "real" as opposed to a "theoretical" advantage. But, you know how wire specs bring out the savage beasts within us all... at least those "wired" with higher testosterone levels.

Also, AR tends to use smaller wire... like 18 gauge twisted pairs in those you ordered... in an era of phat wire hype.

I'll bet the "wirey" types will jump on this thread. -HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-13-2002 at 12:25 PM

Well, if anyone is interested, the cables just arrived. A few days ago, I did a bit of research, and found out that they're not an Audio Research product, after all. The company that made them, American Terminal Supply, was recently purchased by, I believe, the PATH group which makes or distributes the IXOS line of cables. http://www.american-terminal.com/car_audio/corp.html These were a close-out, sold to Accessories4Less. ATS was big into car audio.

These cables appear to be well made. They look just like they do in the link above. The blue jacket of the cable is clear. The outer shell of the RCA connector end is metal, and screws onto the main body. The conductors are soldered to the connectors (or are they connected to the conductors...?). Anyway, I haven't done a critical listening test, but the construction seems very good. Tomorrow I'll hook up the new SACD player wit this stuff. I'd be real interested if some of the more respected critics here picked some up for a listen and gave their opinions.

fini

This message has been edited by fini on 03-20-2002 at 05:11 PM