Bass bins for KP250's

CECAA850

I've slowly been putting together a garage system for almost a year that is anchored by some used KP250's I picked up last year. Klipsch bass bins, where I live, are virtually non-existant so I decided to build some. I had a rough idea of what I was going to build but needed help with the details. I'd like to thank Michael Hurd for answering my constant barage of questions and keeping me pointed in the right direction. If you've never had the pleasure of corresponding with Michael, he has a wealth of knowledge, and more importantly in my case, the patience of Job. Thanks again Michael. Here we go, starting with chopping up 3 sheets of MDF. It won't take you long to realize that I'm closer to a wood butcher than cabinet maker, but the end product at least sounds pretty good.

post-15193-13819526619772_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corner bracing had to be accounted for when figuring the cubic feet of displacement for the finished enclosure.

Note, any pic can be clicked on to enlarge it. It will however expose FUBARs the might be missed in the smaller pics. Enlarge at your own risk.

post-15193-1381952664181_thumb.jpg

Driver installed. I didn't realize it when I bought them that these drivers are meant to be flush mounted from the rear, which in my case was now impossible. Hmmm should I cut a door in them............nahhhh. I got some weatherstripping and made gaskets for the back of the drivers. They sealed off perfectly in the front mounted configuration.

post-15193-13819526726786_thumb.jpg