RF82 + RC52 + RS10 Any good?

tennyson.mike

Would this be a good setup? I work at an electronics store and need to buy what we have to get my staff discount. I know they are not the matched set, but how would this sound? I can't demo them all together so it's tough to say for sure

Would I be better off wtih RTI A7, CSI 6 center and RS10 surrounds? (I already have the RS10's)

AVR is a Yamaha HTR6290

well the thing is that i can get the RC-52 for a lot less then the 62 since we don't sell the 62 i'd pay full price for it.

Would I be better off with the polk setup since we sell the matching center? I prefer the 82's, I am going to demo them again tomorrow again though.

Just I guess wondering how much timbre is really going to matter, these are going in a small area, the HT area is about 6'x12' but it opens up into the kitching/dinning room making it a fairly open space

--------------- ------------------- ------------------------
| HT
| AREA DINNING KITCHEN
| ROOM
|
| COUCH
--------------------------------------------------------

Kind of a weird layout... would I be better off with smaller speakers, like say a bookshelf?

I thought I had this all figured out, now i'm more confused then ever!

well the thing is that i can get the RC-52 for a lot less then the 62 since we don't sell the 62 i'd pay full price for it.

But the center is so important in HT.. since you work there is it an option to try the rc52 and if you feel that the vocals is lacking you can return and then pay full price on the rc62.. at least this way you can try before you buy..

Good luck either way..

That's definatly an option, and from my reading i am realising just how important the center is. which is why i'm debating on just going with the polks to get the matching center

basically RF82 and RC62 would cost me about $500 more then RTIA7 and CSIA6

That $500 would pay for my sub that I still need :) I just really loved the RF82's :( The wife is getting upset that this is getting so expensive as it is, I was originally going to get a bose setup and a 6240 receiver. I'm now looking at spending 3 times as much, dont know if i can convince her on the rc62 setup plus still needing a subwoofer

• Moderators

Many years ago, I worked for Circuit City and purchased a Polk system (RT800's, CS-300 and FX-500's. It was good but IMO, it absolutely cannot compare to the clarity and the detail that the Klipsch Reference Series produces. Once I purchased my first pair of Klipsch CF-2's, I have never looked back. Good luck with your decision.

That's what I loved about the RF-82's I demod Dire Straits - Money for nothing - the intro to this song is AMAZING on the 82's... I am going to play it tomorrow on the polks and see how it compares

I may just go with the RC-52 for now, with my discount I can sell it down the road for what I paid for it and upgrade then, or maybe we will get the 62's in and I can upgrade then.

• Moderators

I may just go with the RC-52 for now, with my discount I can sell it down the road for what I paid for it and upgrade then, or maybe we will get the 62's in and I can upgrade then.

For some unknown reason, Best Buy always had their RF-82 demo paired with the RC-52. To me, the RC-52 could not keep up with them. If you can get it cheap and sell it down the road for close to what you paid for it, go for it. Like you said, you can always upgrade later. Just remember that almost 80% of everything that happens in a movie comes through the center channel. Needless to say, it is THE most important speaker for HT so you always want to get as best as you can afford.