Cornwall's or RF7's

firejim

Hi Guys...

I am in a bit of a dilema as it all started with a flooded family room this past Dec.I have the unsightly chore of deciding whether or not to keep my Cornwall's and repair the water damaged cabinets or to replace them with the RF7's.

I have been going around town and listening to other brands of speakers(Paradigm ref 100's,PMC AB2's to mention a few and Klipsch has them beat and is the brand.

I have listened to the RF5's and thanks to Mark Owen(Klipsch Rep) who finally found me a dealer who had the RF7's,I went and listened and was not disappointed.The RF7's were extremely good,very smooth,large soundstage,focussed,deep front to back Imaging,plus the inner detail was something I have not heard with some of my familiar recordings,music and movies.There was a slight nasalness to female vocals,but I found out that the speakers were only at the dealer for two days prior.I went back for a second listening session a week later and that nasalness was gone.

During that second session the 7's really stared to shine.I can not get over the inner detail,Imaging,and soundstage they present.The 7's seem to draw you into the music in a way that everthing is finely balanced that you do not want to leave.Very addictive.

I had the Cornwall's connected to equally good if not better electronic's over the year's and they did not give the same inner detail and Imaging.

If I deside to purchase the RF7's(RC7,RS7's)(I'm leaning that way),it is very hard to give up the Cornwall's after 18 years.

Thank's for listening guys.

------------------

--

This is the Heritage vs. Reference decision, made easier by the fact that you have demoed the RF-7.

It sounds as if you have made your choice, and you are looking for reassurance. Let your ears be the judge. Since you have a local dealer, take those RF-7's home and listen to them for a couple of weeks. Make sure the dealer has a return policy, so you can undo the choice if it doesn't work out. This should tell you if the RF-7's are right for you.

I'm a Cornwall II owner, and you would have to beat them out of me to get me to switch to the RF series (still really good speakers, though). Many others have come here looking for similar advice, and ended up very happy with the RF-7's - it really is personal preference. There have been similar threads here on the board, try doing some searches for more comments about this issue - your ears should tell you as much, if not more, than we can.

BTW - some Heritage speakers are going back into production very soon (not the Cornwalls though - waaaahhhhFrown.gif ) Just one more variable to throw into the mix.....

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!