PETE H RF-7 crossover pics

InVeNtOr

"So, if you can't measure a difference, there is no difference. "

Polycarbonate measure even better than Polypropylene in many areas, but don't sound very good for audio. Many years ago I ordered a large variety of what Madisound sold. The Dynaudio Polycarbonate caps were quite poor sounding, despite their stellar measurements. Maybe as the years advance and hearing deteriorates, I too, will be reduced to measurments rather than listening.Maybe the meter readers will finally figure out what to measure to determine 'good' sound (not holding my breath).

I would agree that measurements aren't everything. They are a guide to point you in a direction but the final decision is based on your ear and your particular taste. When I do any changes in my crossovers, I, due to my lack of technical electronic testing skills, will do one at a time and listen to the change to detirmine the improvement, or lack of, that it makes to me. It's really the only way I know of making decisions that are right for me.

• 4 months later...