New room build in progress....Suggestions?

Riot260

Yes they are. Bought new caps for them, but they sound so good I haven't taken the time to change them out. I have mahogony veneer to wrap them both with. But been too busy listening. We'll be streaming Allman Brothers live again this Friday and Saturday night.

Waiting on my free projector screen to come in. For now just shooting it on the wall.

Guess I'll get around to it all sooner or later. Plan is to get music coming out of these CornScalas next.

You'll have to stop by after work one afternoon....I am behind CK supply off Dorchester.

I ended up with those black Heresys. One is missing a woofer and a K55 driver and the other has a Focal woofer in it. The both have Peavy pole mounts in the bases.

See you soon.

You'll have to stop by after work one afternoon....I am behind CK supply off Dorchester.

Non Klipsch related question...

I have family just up Dorchester Rd... in Evanston Estates. You must be down near Champion Honda (motorcycle dealer)? You mentioned you were a mechanical contractor and I was wondering about your opinion regarding the Fujitsu Mini-Split Heat Pump. Kind of caught my eye and I was curious about it. If you don't mind, how do purchase/installation costs compare with replacing a standard central air/heat (heat pump)?

WStrickland1............let me know when you can swing by?

I'd love to get a spoiled set of ears to audition my latest project. My 1st amp build!

I just wired up dual 400 watt Class D monoblocks. In a jerry rigged chassis now while we decide how to finish off.

Pleasantly surprised that it has more balls the the Bedini Class A s.

Definitely a great idea! That would have been done from the getgo but the tops are Decorator Models with open top. Horn and tweet are mounted to 1/2" Fir ply. They are built like Bob Crites original Cornscala.

But as they are they fill the room quite nicely. When we built the room we only planned for two then the DMs came along and were added.

But now that you have me thinking...........we could probably mount 2x4s to the corners to hang the DMs upside down. It would need to make a big difference to make me want to block up my walls.

Have you heard them both ways before?

I think if we did that I might have to mount the bass bins tight to the ceiling.

All in fun!

• 8 months later...

Insulation?

NASA developed Thermablok aerogel insulation, the most powerful insulation on
the planet
is the highest value material ever produced. It has the
highest
R-Value, unmatched physical and mechanical properties, will not age or
be subject to mold, mildew or any environmental problems. Its
hydrophobic, completely harmless, recyclable and environmentally
safe.