RS-52 vs RS-35 (need help making a decision today)

Youthman

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I hate to do this as I have a lot of respect for the research and work you put in this project but in the interest of the community I have to say something. I hope you will understand.

Seeing that you have owned much more Klipsch speakers than I, I appreciate your thoughts and input but my question is where were you when I asked for advice in this three weeks ago? [:P]

Of course the RS 35 sound better than the bookshelves speakers. Those speakers are designed for complete different duties.

The main reason they sound better though is because the RS-35's were placed on the sides closer to ear level, where my RB-35's are mounted too high.

Thinking that the RS 35 is a good match with the RF 83 and sounds great is where I disagree. Don't give me wrong it probalby sounds ok for a HTIB system level but your system is a much higher level.

I'm not sure how Reference speakers can be equated to a HTIB system.

The RS 35 might have been an improvement but they would not even measure to the RS 52/ 62, for that matter they would not even equal the RS 42

This is what I was asking for 3 weeks ago. That would have been helpful.

As you said you have no idea what you are missing until you hear it

That is correct. I have heard the RS-42's paired with RF-7's but they weren't positioned to well.

Once I get them mounted, I will be able to tell if they are above HTIB quality....which I'm sure they will be. I knew if I purchased the RS-35's I would always be wondering "what if". If the curiosity gets the best of me, I'll sell them in the forums for what I have in them or put them on Ebay and get my money back that I have in them and purchase the RS-52's.

Again, no offense taken. I actually appreciate your input and advice. I just ordered Master and Commander. That should be a good test of what the RS-35's are capable of.

Youthmam,

Man you crack me up !

Sorry for no being around lately but work got in the way and I do not expect that do change for awhile.

I thought I had been clear in the thread where I posted my review. Thread in which you posted a few times too!

Again I'm not looking for an argument I'm just offering a friendly opinion but I can almost guarantee that there will be a set RS 52 in your new future lol

Sorry

• Moderators

I thought I had been clear in the thread where I posted my review. Thread in which you posted a few times too!

You've gotta understand...I've slept since then. [:D] My memory is horrible. I'm going back to read your review. I read so many threads, it's difficult to keep up.

Again I'm not looking for an argument I'm just offering a friendly opinion but I can almost guarantee that there will be a set RS 52 in your new future lol

Sorry

I totally take it as constructive advice and truly appreciate it. You know me, I'm always looking for a good deal and I believe I picked the RS-35's up for a good price so should I sell them, I should have no problem getting my money back from them.

I actually like the design (asthetic looks) of the RS-52's and RS-62's than the RS-35's. I just really wonder how much of a difference they will make? That thought along will probably be the driving force of me eventually moving to the RS-52's or RS-62's.

In your opinion, would my room benefit more from the RS-52 or RS-62? Room is 13' wide x 19' deep x 10 high.

• Moderators

The RS 35 might have been an improvement but they would not even measure to the RS 52/ 62, for that matter they would not even equal the RS 42

I have done the comparison between the RS 3II (which the previous version of the RS 35) VS RS 42 and 52. You can read my findings link

Ok falcon....you call that a review? I bet you are just trying to get me to buy your RS-42's. You're trying to set the bait aren't you? LOL.

I have done the comparison between the RS 3II (which the previous version of the RS 35) VS RS 42 and 52. You can read my findings link

Ok falcon....you call that a review? I bet you are just trying to get me to buy your RS-42's. You're trying to set the bait aren't you? LOL.

My Plan is working !! but get the RS 52

Youth,

Having owned both, the difference will be minimal. For the price you paid on the RS-35's vs a new pair of RS-52's, I don't think you will hear that much of a difference. I would have to say however, that the design of the RS-52's are a little more forgiving with placement. But to compare them in the same exact location by doing an A/B, I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't be able to tell them apart. Sure, you can get the best and match your system accrodingly, but ultimately, it comes down to what you can afford and what sounds good to you. Just my .02

• Moderators

Thx for the words of encouragement Daryl. After reading your post, I can now stop crying. [:P]

FWIW, I was going to buy Daryl's RS-52's but he gave me the same advice then as he is giving now. That says a lot to me about Daryl's character. He would rather give solid advice than sell me a more expensive speaker that I might not need. I would totally buy from Daryl if he had something I needed.

• Moderators

I am glad you were blessed with what you and your family wanted in a house.

Me too. We were able to buy new construction home that was already under construction with MUCH more features than our original plan for MUCH less than what it would have cost us to build a custom home. We were even blessed to have our downpayment paid for through a program called the AmeriDream. They paid our entire downpayment which was incredible in itself. It was just a no brainer that is what we were supposed to do.

Hope you are satisfied with your new speakers!

I think I will. If not, I can always resell them. They were new in box and I haven't even installed them yet. So if they don't live up to my expectations, I'll put them up for sale.

Lol that comment on them being good for HTIB levels was interesting...

Yeah, you aren't the only one that thinks that is a pretty exagerated statement.

Youth,

Having owned both, the difference will be minimal. For the price you paid on the RS-35's vs a new pair of RS-52's, I don't think you will hear that much of a difference. I would have to say however, that the design of the RS-52's are a little more forgiving with placement. But to compare them in the same exact location by doing an A/B, I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't be able to tell them apart. Sure, you can get the best and match your system accrodingly, but ultimately, it comes down to what you can afford and what sounds good to you. Just my .02

Daryl,

I also have a lot of respect for you and I have always been impressed with your attitude on the forum as well as Ebay but I respectfully disagree with your statement.

Unless you have done the comparison yourself in the same room with the same material I don't think it is a fair assessment.

I have spend countless hours running A/B comparison, not limited to but including RS 3II VS RS 52,

My personal and honest conclusion was that those two speakers are not in the same category and the difference was worth the price.

But it is only what .2 cents

Falcon20x, Thanks! It is hard to get people to talk about surrounds. I know they only provide incidental, reflected ambiance in movies, but I can't help but feel that they aremore important than most people think. Especially true in 7 channel stereo of Prologic IIx music listening.

Thanks,

-Alex-

I am glad you were blessed with what you and your family wanted in a house.

Me too. We were able to buy new construction home that was already under construction with MUCH more features than our original plan for MUCH less than what it would have cost us to build a custom home. We were even blessed to have our downpayment paid for through a program called the AmeriDream. They paid our entire downpayment which was incredible in itself. It was just a no brainer that is what we were supposed to do.

Hope you are satisfied with your new speakers!

I think I will. If not, I can always resell them. They were new in box and I haven't even installed them yet. So if they don't live up to my expectations, I'll put them up for sale.

Lol that comment on them being good for HTIB levels was interesting...

Yeah, you aren't the only one that thinks that is a pretty exagerated statement.

Alright the HTIB statement seems to have been miss understood

I'm in no way shape or form calling your system a HTIB level, come on I got the same one.

What it means is if I would ask Joe from BB to listen to your system and all he knows is his HTIB or Bose system, what do you think his opinion would be?

Of course a person with that level of knowledge would tell you they are great or even tell you his Bose speakers sound better !

However for more educated audiophile such as yourself I would expect the bar to be at a higher level.

If it was not case why are all spending thousand of $ instead of getting an HTIB system.

It would not make sense to me to buy ferrari than be unhappy and having it not run right because you filled up with diesel fuel to save a buck and increase the MPG, doesn't it?

Thx for the words of encouragement Daryl. After reading your post, I can now stop crying. Stick out tongue

FWIW, I was going to buy Daryl's RS-52's but he gave me the same advice then as he is giving now. That says a lot to me about Daryl's character. He would rather give solid advice than sell me a more expensive speaker that I might not need. I would totally buy from Daryl if he had something I needed.

I agree with you

I have bought some items from him through Ebay before, he is an honest straight up guy but in this case I disagree with his opinion.

Thx for the words of encouragement Daryl. After reading your post, I can now stop crying. Stick out tongue

I agree with you

I have bought some items from him through Ebay before, he is an honest straight up guy but in this case I disagree with his opinion.

I agree with you

However for more educated audiophile such as yourself I would expect the bar to be at a higher level.If it was not case why are all spending thousand of $ instead of getting an HTIB system.It would not make sense to me to buy ferrari than be unhappy and having it not run right because you filled up with diesel fuel to save a buck and increase the MPG, doesn't it?

Shoot I just read my response and now I make it sound like I'm saying you do not know more than a HTIB level and it is NOT what I mean. Let me figure out a better way to say this>

I apologize for the miss understanding