Shelf for RC-64 (aka Hoisting a Pig)

ScottDillard

Someone on the forums suggested using door stops. I have been using them for about 2 years. Works very well, is cheap, and no one has even noticed.

Along the same lines, maybe the round disks with a slight lip that you'd put under the legs of a chair that keep the chair leg from scraping the floor? You can find them at any WallyWorld (WalMart, if the term is a local affectation) and should keep the pressure from being a point source.

In a similar vein, when I Pergo'd the floors awhile back I got some of the heavy felt padding (also available at WallyWorld) to put between the floor and speaker touch points - both to protect the floor if the speakers move and to reduce any potential vibration problems (which I may have been just imagining might happen and I have no idea whether it's a realistic problem).

So my questions to The Collective are: What are the touch points between an RF-83 and the floor? And should I just set it directly on the floor? (I'm not as worried about accidentaly moving/scraping if a kid or dog runs into it since these are 100 pound suckers.)

What are the touch points between an RF-83 and the floor? And should I just set it directly on the floor?

For me I have carpet but that is coming up in the fall, then just being placed on the hardwood floor. The thought of those same felt pads might do the trick and might help them slide a little when cleaning is needed... Plus a little safe then sorry if something was to happen.

James

ya a doorstop would prob work. hey james, is that a song that your quoting at the bottom of your page? and did anyone see the movie dragon ball evolution? saw it on tv tonight and all i can say is wow.....the bass that movie puts out is insane. just thought id tell you all.

Funny but scary story, when I got my rc-52 I just bought a piece of furniture grade pine and some shelving brackets from my local lowes. I bought what I thought was the appropriate anchor screws. I hung the shelf with 3 brackets 6 nice anchor screws, even tested to see if it would hold my wait(maybe that was the first problem) but it stood the test of time which was about a year when I was moving. I guess the rc-52 was ready to goto the new house. On the last day which was the day I was getting all my electronics I was upstairs when I heard a crash. Ran down stairs to see my shelf had fallen on top of my Sony t.v.. You know you have good quality stuff when nothing breaks( though I did notice a small black line had formed in the top right corner of the screen months later, I don't notice it when watching movies. But if anyone hangs a shelf in the wall make sure the anchors you get are over rated, or like youthman said gooooo for the studs.

duder