Rear surrounds are finaly installed!

dachuckster

I have had the Klipsch CDT-5800 C's for several years. I have no excuse for not installing them but I finally did yesterday. I ran the Audessy EQ on my Onkyo Pro SC-886 to get the distance and level calibrated, and now I can start enjoying 7.1 sound!

These are located in the ceiling about 6 feet apart, and behind the couch (the main listening location) about 8 feet. Because of lights and duct work, I really couldnt get them closer.

I look forward to listening to something really good that is either DTS-MA, Dolby True HD, DTE-ES or Dolby Plus!

Any suggestions (movies or music)?

dachuckster,

Congrats on the new rears! As for suggested movies... If you are looking specifically for 7.1:

3:10 To Yuma, Rambo (the new one, obviously)

Both really take advantage of the extra channels. Other than that, it's tough to find much done in 7.1 (especially worth owning).

As far as 5.1 D-trueHD and DTS-MA, the standards:

Ironman, The Dark Knight, Master and Commander (my favorite movie of all-time for surround effects), Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Radio City (music, obviously)

Jrod

When you're on the screen that you're typing a post, there's buttons near the top that say "Compose" "Options" "Related", etc. Click on "Options". Then click on Add/Update. Then click on "Browse" and select the file from your hard drive that you want to upload. Then click "Save". Then when you click to make the post the picture will be attached.