New Integra 6.9 owner...

jrod

So, my Integra finally came and I got her all set up. Some initial impressions (stole that from Youthman):

Music: The sound is a tad brighter than my old Yammy (rx-v365). That said, The bass seems much more accurate, it was a little loose with the Yamaha. Overall, I like the sound. I haven't had enough time with it to determine which musical sound I prefer.

Movies: Alright, here is where the Integra earns its keep. I just finished Master and Commander (DTS-MA, Blu-ray), all I can say is....WOW!! The sound was so immersive, so intense. I felt as if I was ON THE SHIP, and not just during the battles or the storm, the entire time. If you have not seen this movie you simply must. Excellent rear effects, excellent bass. The sound from the battles give you that stupid grin on your face (You all know what I'm talking about!) because it is so good. It was a completely different sound than I was used to, I've seen the movie 10+ times.

This is basically what I was expecting from Integra (Onkyo). I have heard the musicality of their receivers leaves a little to be desired. I wouldn't consider it "bad" by any stretch, just different. The movie sound, however, absolutely blew me away. All this works out perfectly for me because I am probably about 70/30 movies to music.

That's all I got for now. If any of the Integra/Onkyo owners want to give me some tips...I'm all ears!!

Jrod

• Moderators

So, my Integra finally came and I got her all set up. Some initial impressions (stole that from Youthman):

I'm sure that I did not have the phrase copyright so you are ok. [;)]

Glad to hear the Integra sounds sweet in your system. Onkyo definitely makes a great product. I am one of those that agree that the Onkyo is "ok" for music and excellent for HT. I have not heard the really high end Onkyo's or any of the Integra's so I cannot comment on those. Like you said, it's not bad, to me the music just blends too much together where something like an HK receiver has much better separation of instruments. It's probably all just preference.

I'll have to rent Master and Commander sometime.

mhhmm i really want one, maybe i will start to look for one now so i can eventually find one in my price range. Looks like a great receiver how many watts is this rated at 175? Is this a comparable amp to say the tx-sr707? Oh i also really want to watch master and commander now but do not want to do it until i get a new receiver :(. POST PICTURES!!!!

I finally get to see your setup after staring at that avatar. First impression. OMG that rc-64 fits so good up there. My rc-62 has not even arrived yet and i have a terrible lust for the 64. Seriously you have some great speakers going there. You did not give pictures of the surrounds[:)] okay anyways second impression; that integra looks really nice. Does the receiver have any heating issues? Well if you are going to take pics of the surrounds you might as well take a close up of that. I think it is going to be atleast a couple of months before i get to watch master and commander (i need the hd codecs and cleaner power) but i am still aching to. Are the legos yours? JK you must have great kids because your speakers seem to be in perfect condition.

Hey thanks, Blu! A few points...

1. Those are my Legos! I don't have any kids! Hahaha! My girlfriend and I are really kids at heart, our friends LOVE to play with them when they come over. It just gives your hands something to do, something to be creative with! We love them. (I know it's kinda weird but we're both 29yrs old so Legos are a real taste of our childhoods!)

2. As for the surrounds... Check my profile, just click on my name in the left column and click the link in my system profile.

3. The Integra close-up (and yes, it heats up!)

post-40023-13819540398914_thumb.jpg

post-40023-13819567563318_thumb.jpg

post-40023-13819568843288_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

The old lady gets something new...

I somehow think you got the better deal. [;)]

I think it is going to be atleast a couple
of months before i get to watch master and commander (i need the hd
codecs and cleaner power) but i am still aching to.

You are the second person this week to recommend that movie. I've never seen it....guess I'll be heading to Blockbuster next weekend to rent it.

JROD what is this, first you say how the HD mix is amazing on master and comander so now i am waiting until i get a new receiver to watch it. Now you are saying that it utilizes the rears for amazing sound and i do not have klipsch rears[:@] Maybe i cannot watch this movie for a year! Okay after examining the photo i see that that is a coffee table that the legos are on and i think that is actually really cool. I would love to listen to some tunes on your setup and build something.

HAHA! Blu, sorry my man, that's just the way it is with Master and Commander... It WILL become your new demo disc when people come to your house and you wanna show your Klipsch off, it's that good. The first canon battle... WOW!

Hey, if you're ever down Oklahoma City way, hit me up and we'll watch M&C and build stuff!

jrod - congrats on the Integra and thanks for posting your thoughts and I am glad you are happy with it especially for the movies..

Master and Commander.. admittingly I have not seen the whole movie but i have seen most of it, i think.. and what i have seen the battle scenes are amazing where it comes to sound.. it is worth renting just for effects..

I doubt i will make it any time soon jrod but who knows what will happen when i graduate. I would really like to find someone here in michigan who has a rc-64 that i could come over and demo for 15 minutes. Would not mind hearing some 63s or 83s. To tell you the truth i really have no idea how much sound my 82s can handle.

Thanks DU! It really is a great movie.

Blu, your 82's can handle quite a bit. Give them some good, clean power and they can really sing. I was affraid the 64 might over-power them, a few tweaks on the receiver and they actually match quite nicely. I certainly enjoy them!!

• Moderators

Get it as soon as possible! It really is worth it. Especially since you have those new rears coming. It easily has the best rear effects I've ever heard. You will NOT be disappointed!

Thx Jrod. I just bought it new on Ebay for $15. I've been wanting a good reference BD for surround effects. I look forward to watching it with my new speakers.