K55 Questions

Jareb

I'm refinishing and upgrading my 1960 Klipschorns. Bob Crites is going to update the crossovers and install new diaphragms in the K77's. It looks like I am the first person to have these apart based on no marks on any screws or nuts and all the dust and dirt I found in the cabinets. I have attached pictures of the K55's. They are consecutive serial numbers 1053 and 1054. One has "University Loudspeakers" "HF SA" on it and the other is plain. They look identical. Any thoughts and can the diaphragms be replaced on the K55's?

John

post-20184-13819540482334_thumb.jpg

post-20184-13819567666376_thumb.jpg

post-20184-13819568919706_thumb.jpg

Bob would be the one to ask , i had a simular thing with my 76 & 77 Cornwalls after figuring out the shippping back & forth , the labor. then the diaphame cost for another $100 i could get the a new set of the atlas drivers for the CornScala's I was making the Old Cornies into

SOO I sold the old drivers as is to another member here & everyone was happy

Mike

They are 1960 Klipschorns and have the 500-5000 crossovers. I've been playing them for 5 years now and nothing has been touched. Crossovers are original and the speakers sound great to me. A friend suggested I have the caps replaced on the crossovers so I contacted Bob, and while I'm having that done, the diaphragms for the K77's will also be changed. I guess there are no diaphragms for the older SAHF K55's, so I'll just continue to use them. They sound great even after 50 years.

John

• 2 weeks later...