HK 3490 setup helP!

Montigue231

I just recently bought the Harman Kardon 3490 2 channel amp today. Im trying to get the Direct TV receiver's audio set to the (optical) digital inputs on the HK..But for the life of me I cant figure it out. usually receivers either use an on board menu display or an external monitor to display the menu options.Ive yet to figure this out its fustrating.

Can anyone take the time out to help me trouble shoot this ?

go into menu to assign coax and optical inputs Right ? ...how do I get into menu on this thing...help help

My LED monitor dosent have normal RCA video input..unbeleivable (only HDMI)....so i had to pull out my 19" tube tv. I plugged the video cable from monitor out on back of receiver to input 1 on tv..still no menu

ahhaaaaaaa I got it and what a difference it made. It was simple actually. Just push the button named " T Mon" on the receiver face and push whatever input you wish to assign....vid 1 cd vid2 extc....then T mon again. Ive never seen it done this way. Very differnet than anything ive seen

Simple but I would of never figured that one out without some help ( coundnt find that in my manual)...Thank you Dennie !!!! now where do I send the payment haha

ahhaaaaaaa I got it and what a difference it made. It was simple actually. Just push the button named " T Mon" on the receiver face and push whatever input you wish to assign....vid 1 cd vid2 extc....then T mon again. Ive never seen it done this way. Very differnet than anything ive seen

Simple but I would of never figured that one out without some help...Thank you Dennie !!!! now where do I send the payment haha

Hey that is good to hear! I'm glad you got it going. I was looking at the spec. sheet for that receiver and it looks like a nice one. Plenty of power, 2 sub outputs and Phono! Sweet!

I've already PM'd you my address and I will take payment in Vinyl!!! [:P] [;)]

Rock On!!!

Dennie[:D]

My LED monitor dosent have normal RCA video input..unbeleivable (only HDMI)....so i had to pull out my 19" tube tv. I plugged the video cable from monitor out on back of receiver to input 1 on tv..still no menu

Montigue, I believe on your TV if you hook up a single RCA video cable to the input marked "Y" in the component video input it will make the proper connection to the TV. My TV is the same way.

Dennie this receiver was a really great solution for me. The RF-7's are very picky on amplification. If you dont feed them good solid power theres a major drop off and then the harshness will be ear peircing. I couldnt afford to throw alot of dollars at a high end amp. This one was only 300 bucks and makes the RF-7's sound awesome

When I can afford it Ill get a HK 7.1 65wpc AV and use this as an intergrated amp to push the 7's...win win

thanks again

-Monty

Dennie this receiver was a really great solution for me. The RF-7's are very picky on amplification. If you dont feed them good solid power theres a major drop off and then the harshness will be ear peircing. I couldnt afford to throw alot of dollars at a high end amp. This one was only 300 bucks and makes the RF-7's sound awesome

When I can afford it Ill get a HK 7.1 65wpc AV and use this as an intergrated amp to push the 7's...win win

thanks again

-Monty

I've heard H/K is pretty honest about the wattage of their receivers, so at 120wpc you should be in good shape and for the price.....fogetaboutit! A great deal all around.

I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Ahhhh, another forum cry for help and the solution is found and implemented!

Success!!!! [Y]

Anytime Monty,

Dennie

Montigue, I believe on your TV if you hook up a single RCA video cable to the input marked "Y" in the component video input it will make the proper connection to the TV. My TV is the same way.

You ar right Wuzzer. there is a single video input integrated into the composite...wow really making progress today..thx wuzzer good to talk with you again. I really appreciate the help

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread! I've been trying to figure out how to setup the CD as coaxial and thanks to this thread it's a done deal. Thanks guys.

That's Great news Styx!!!

Should we send the bill to your Home or Office? [;)]

Good to have you here! If you have more questions, just ask.

Dennie