RF-3 II vs SF-2?

mrguy

Can someone who has heard these speakers side by side tell me how the sound compares? I'm not concerned with bass extension as I have an SVS. Currently I have sb 1.1's and a ksc-c1 and am looking for mains. I'm sure the RF-3's sound better but by how much? Enough to justify the expense of having to upgrade my center and surrounds? I haven't been able to listen to the two side by side and would like some opinions. Thanks.

The RF-3's are a large step up from the SF-2's. They put out a bigger soundstage and have increased treble resolution. They sound much more 'effortless.' If you decide on the RF's you will definately want the RC-3, also a big step up from your current center. If your on a budget get the matching surrounds last and use your sb1's in the meantime. Surrounds are less critical than the center and mains.

Thanks for the responses. I have found a local shop where I can demo the two side by side this weekend. Most of the user reviews I have read on the Rf-3's have been really positive, but the professional reviews I've seen have been mixed. One really unfavorable review stated that the center and surrounds don't timber match real well with the mains. Can anyone comment on this? The review can be found here:

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/frame.html?http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/SpeakerPackages/Klipsch/KlipschRF-3RC-3RS-3KSW12.shtml

With the RF-3's you get more impact,higher midrange definition and a bit more high detail.

The overall result is quite striking,live sound from the RF-3's as opposed to a more polite sound from the SF-2's.

I perefer the Ref series to Synergy by a wide margin.Get the RF-3's.And the RF-3's are not expensive anyway.

TheEAR(s) Now theears