In the past month more Canadians have watched three four events than ever before

Dflip

The fourth was the Super Bowl with New Orleans winning, the third with the opening ceremonies for the Olympics in Vancouver, the second last Sunday with the Canada-US hockey game (which also had the largest audience of any program in the US on CNBC that night) and tonight's Olympic quarter final game with Canada against the Russians. I was at a supermarket an hour before the game and it was empty. Canadians love hockey more than Americans love football. 4-1 at the moment, but we need to up the play by a level at bit at the moment. For those of you who don't know, Canada vs. Russia has been a very big deal since Paul Henderson scored to win the Summit Series in 1972. Games against the U.S. are more recent, and while big games, they don't stir the same emotion in us as a game against Russia.

The NHL is like the minor leagues compared to the level of hockey being played tonight. The U.S. has a very good team, but the stars of the NHL are playing tonight. The only person missing is the best goalie this year, Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres who is the U.S. goalie.

Sorry that most of you can't see it. It is great hockey and what the game can really big, not Gary Betman's N.B.A. light.

No doubt Canadians love their hockey, but I'm not sure they love it more than Americans love the NFL, or Nascar for that matter. And that's leaving out MLB and the NBA (and not even mentioning college football and basketball). More choices here I guess. While the Cold War helped flame the old US-Russian rivalry, I don't think there is a bigger hockey rivalry than the US-Canadian one currently reaching new heights. The US-Canada game on Sunday was one of the most action packed hockey games ever, and should these two rivals face each other in the finals I think we will see a great game. The US has an excellent team, and while not necessarily made up of superstars like Team Canada or the Russians, the US still has excellent players in Parise, Rafalski and Langenbrunner. I'd take anyone of them on my team in a second. If Team Canada faces Team USA in the finals, and should Team USA be victorious... what will Canadians say about that team of "non-stars" who beat their beloved national team of All-Stars? Perhaps they will be as silent as they've been since Sunday night. US - 1 Canada - 0 [;)]

Great games, both vs US and vs Russia; I normally never watch sports, but in the case of the Olympics, I made certain exceptions, and those two hockey games were well worth it. US, Canada and the Russians play hard. My wife described the hockey games as, "A nice street brawl where suddenly a game of hockey broke out..." LOLOL!!!

For the afternoon nap, I suggest the 24/7 curling contests on cnbc or msnbc....