Trachorns in the House

deafbykhorns

Mike

I may take you up on that offer one day and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I was on the demo program to audition Greg's horns until UPS decided to spoil our fun. I've been an audiophile and amateur DIY for over 25yrs(BTW:your gear is similar so mine and my taste), I believe you guys when you say these are an improvement but I prefer to improve things in small steps. I'm not sure that Greg needs to restart this program since it seems he has plenty of orders to fullfill. So I may send you a PM next time I'm in the Orlando area. I would not invest that amount of money based on anyones opinion, my ears would make the decision for me. Here's a great example why a 2" horn should be mated with 2-15's and not one- 2" Edgar horn (click on components), I heard these things yesterday and I am simply blown away with this speaker. This speaker had the required components to complement a 2" horn and supported Al's analogy. I'm not discounting anyone's argument as the 2" driver may be satisfying and may end up in my home. But for me the Trachorn was the most return for little investment.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic