CHORUS II Network Schematic...Anyone??

Mike- I have determined, in the short time (read 10 minutes)listening to the stock variety, that the Chorus II's are bettering my PSB Stratus Goldi's in every aspect. The entire musical range is cleanly being reproduced. The treble is more refined without going over the top, like a hard domed tweeter does. The decay of instruments are no longer truncated... high hats have their shimmer back, vocalists have a nasal cavity and lips in addition to a chest & the skins are back on the drums. Basically it's no longer a cardboard stage. I can just imagine what the improvement in the crossover components(including wiring) will make. How did YOUR upgrade turn out? Mike

This message has been edited by SOUNDJUNKIE on 03-19-2002 at 07:32 AM

Well, to be Honest with you, One of the stock crossovers was fried from the previous owner when I had first purchased them.

This is why I went ahead and upgraded.

I'm just not fond of Electrolytic capacitors in passive crossovers, because of other crossover upgrades I have done.

And the general opinion on passives is against Electrolytics in their design.

I think it was an improvement, but I made them so my opinion would be Biased.

Who knows, I could have messed up the whole thing, but they sound fine.

A little forward on mids and highs, but this seemed to be a problem before the upgrade anyway.

And they are not in the Largest Room BTW, which could be a contributing factor.

I would have to A and B both networks, to have any valid opinion between the two.

I may have to resort to the stock Crossovers when I convert to these Tube amps I just recieved.

At least the wire.

But, If you are happy with the sound of the Chorus II's

currently, then I would stick with the Stock Crossovers.

That's the cheapest upgrade, there.

Well I have to say that Klipsch has the fastest reply to requests I have ever encountered. I now possess the network schematic for these buggers...Thanks again Matt! Mike, you made the new crossovers using the same values but the inductors are air core and you recycled the autoformer?