optical to coaxial

leslie

There maybe a way but off hand i really dont think so.

Optical sends a light beam out and coaxil is just a regular

cable with a wires in it. Toslink/optical actualy shoots

a red light threw the cable There maybe but not that I

know or ever heard of.

Hope this helps.

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

Sony STR-DE975 HT Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

how about this deal? Smile.gif

OPTICAL TO DIGITAL COAXIAL CONVERTER

#180-961

Our Price: $13.80 EA (1-3)

Quantity Price: $12.80 EA (4+)

180-961m.jpg

though this says Coax in Optical out, it i just the wrong picture on the parts express site, there are two models and they use the same pic for both.

quote:

These converters are problem solvers when your equipment does not have the input or output you would prefer. Converts an optical signal to digital audio (coaxial) . Requires a 6 VDC, 250 mA power supply use part (#120-025) power supply and tip part (#120-090).

This should help Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

oh yeah, a link

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=5181273&St=5097&St2=-68045683&St3=80645835&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=16151&DID=7

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

First of all, I thanked everybody for the replies. Ok, now we know that I can buy a converter, but do you think it will have an adverse effect on the sound signal? However, no matter what everybody says, for $13.00, I'll give it a try (by the way, the Parts Express site says, it's not in stock). Again, thanks.

This message has been edited by leslie on 03-19-2002 at 06:14 PM

well darn, sorry it is out of stockcwm6.gif

they have wonderful technical support, i would email them and ask when they expect a new one. either way, you should be able to find them now that we all know they do exist Wink.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

The one I have looks very much like the parts express converter and wall wart. I just paid too much. It did not seem to degade the signal but I now use an MSB automatic swittching device that recognizes which CD changer is playing, applies jitter reduction and signal regeneration and provides both toslink and cooaxial input/output options. It of course sounds better, does more and costs considerably more.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

leslie:

Not doubting you here, just a little amazed. I have not seen every Dolby Digital receiver out there, but I have yet to see one that does not have at least one optical input. Optical is the more common of the two. The TV optical is an output to get DD sound to the receiver's input. If you're rolling your eyes right now and saying "what kind of an idiot do you think i am?" I apologize. We have people on this board with all different levels of audio knowledge...

PhilH

PhilH, you're absolutely right. My receiver actually has 1 optical digital and 2 coaxial digital inputs. But the only optical input has been used already by my DVD player (it doesn't have coaxial). My receiver is an old Kenwood, bought from a garage sale. Maybe it's time to change receiver $$$.

This message has been edited by leslie on 03-20-2002 at 11:37 AM

quote:

Originally posted by QUiKSR20:

Good Job finding that Justin and Leslie I apoligize of

my lack of knowledge.. I dindt know they make those.

But thats awesome..

Well, you don't get the title Answering Machine for noth'n Smile.gif heheh (the name is getting to the head, time for a new one LoL)

j/k of course, though a new name WOULD be nicecwm12.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

• 1 month later...

You can by one from Sweetwater.com

I bought one a couple of years ago from them. It's made by Midiman, model CO2. It has one optical in/out and one coax in/out. it can go optical to coax or coax to optical plus it will provide bidirectional for you as well. Let me know if they have one or not. If they don't I will sell you mine. They run about $95 new.

Scott

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the mains

Techenique A-10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/Dvd Player

Dish Network Dolby Digital Sat receiver

Klipsch La Scala ( Mains)

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch RSS6 Surround Side

Klipsch RSS .5 Back surround

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer