SVS PB12 Plus/2

mrseamus

Just picked up an SVS PB12 Plus/2 last week in Tampa. WOW! what a difference! This sub sounds amazing and blends perfectly with the 7's!. Even the wife who refers to it as a "speaker" and says I can't believe you are going to spend 6 hours in the car to go pick it up, was actually blown away by the difference this made in our HT system.

As you will see from my previous posts, I could never get the SVS CS Ultra to hit the way I felt it should. I am still not certain that there is anything wrong with it. It does work, however just seemed to lack the punch. Probably user error with connecting a passive sub I hope. Hopefully, I will find a "sub-buff" here locally in Jacksonville that will be interested in taking this and/or the Sub 12 off my hands at a reasonable price.

In the interim, I am spending all my time re-watching all my favorite Blu Rays (Transformers and Transformers 2, Hulk, Star Trek, etc.) I went out and purchased 2012 to be the first movie we watched with the new sub, what a choice! Amazing lows in this movie. The sub is only turned uo about 1/3 of the way or I am certain I could tell the stories about blowing stuff off the walls. This sub certainly has the ability to do that.

After puchasing this sub, I couldn't help but notice that there is another of the same sub available within reasonable driving distance from me. My wife says NO WAY do you need another one.....Are you kidding me. If I can sell the other two reasonably quick, I fully intend to have a pair of PB 12/2's in my system. Other than the Cherry 7's this is the best money spent on my HT.

I had a +2 for a while. It was absolutely bulletproof. It was by first "real" subwoofer (4'th overall). I really enjoyed it. Highly recomended. The footprint was a little large, but as they say, "there's no replacement for displacement".