MCM1900 Rebuild

TommyRandolph

Hi gang, yer old buddy Michael C here with more fun projects from Roadie's!

Last time we visited the mighty MCM system, I posted a thread called MWM Rebuild which showed installation of new woofers and door gasket in the double 15" bins. This set was sold but in typical Colter fashion, there's another right behind it. I picked up this set in FL while I worked at Klipsch. You should have seen the look on Hunter's face when the FedX truck unloaded ONE TON of Klipsch gear that day. The KP600 set was on two pallets, four MWM-S on a large pallet, and the MSM and MSSM cabs took up a forth. Marshall GLA51 was a logistical godsend on the FL end of the trip and put me up (and put up with me) for a couple of nights while we readied the shipment.

Since we've covered the bass bins in detail before I'll concentrate on the other cabinets in the series in this thread. Feel free to ask questions.

This particular set is my dream system. The complete 4 way MCM1900 as envisioned by PWK and Associates, this set is the 'Roadie friendly' MWM-S single woofer bins (says so in the literature), and everything but the piezo packs are black fibreglass with complete aluminum trim. Just beautiful. Previously toured in FL and the East Coast by a Rock and Funk band, this sat in a large mini-barn in Sarasota for a decade or so. As an aside the same guy owned both this and KP600. What they toured with was the SW and LF bins of the Kp600 which provided dual 18 and dual 15 in lightweight enclosures, with the Mid bass and high horns of the MCM system. This avoided trucking the large MWM-S bass bins.

So here it is in the truck, awaiting delivery to the FedX terminal in FL, late summer 2007

truckloadSM.jpg

Ugg Boots

Uggs

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought your personality had finally split and you were going to be Tommy Randolph for 25,000+ posts. Wink

I was thinking Michael had created a new online moniker - a combination of Tommy Bolin and Boots Randolph. Tommy Bolin as I think he's a fan and Boots Randolph as that's the only musical Randolph I could think of.

My Dad was a big fan of Boots Randolph and I've got a couple of LP's in the collection.

I think this guy is just trying to sell us UGGH boots, do I look like the kind of guy who would peddle UGGH boots on you guys?

Thread and member reported to moderators.

M