Cornwall III and bi-wiring

davis419b

• Moderators

Congratulations on the Cornwall's, I don't know/understand the whole bi-wiring thing, I understand the bi-amp thing.

I love mine connected to an old HK 930 with normal wiring, I am not sure you could even do it correctly with a amp like that ? It may make a small difference but changes in other things like the source would make a much bigger difference, IMO.

Congratulations on the Cornwall's, I don't know/understand the whole bi-wiring thing, I understand the bi-amp thing.

I love mine connected to an old HK 930 with normal wiring, I am not sure you could even do it correctly with a amp like that ? It may make a small difference but changes in other things like the source would make a much bigger difference, IMO.

Thanks dtel.... I have a 930 that I will have to try. Out of the 20 vintage receivers that I own I have yet to find one that sounds better than a Sansui 8080db including my Yamaha CR-3020. I had sent Budman a message asking him about bi-wiring and he said normal also. Thanks !!

• Moderators

I had a Sansui 8080 years ago and gave it away like an idiot because some of the lights burned out.

I remember it sounding really nice, but I didn't have the Cornwall lll's when I still had the Sansui. It would be nice to know how the Hk 930 compares to the Sansui 8080, just for fun. You can't beat the old amps. imo

• Moderators

I just thought of something, do you want to see how the Cornwall lll is made by hand in Hope Arkansas ?

These pictures were taken for me as they built the Cornwalls I WON at one of the Klipsch Pilgramages, yes won when my name was picked in the drawing being held. Yes I was in shock and still can't belive they did that, how is that for a company !

http://www.cyclonecj.com/dtel/Dtelcorns-small/index.html

I bought Cornwall III today and dont know anything about bi-wiring. Can this be done with Vintage Sansui receivers ? What are the advantages of bi-wiring ?

Contrats on the purchase of the Cornwall IIIs. I love mine! May I suggest a Scott integrated tube amp? I am using a 299D and the combination is great. I also have a tube CD player which adds even more to the sound pleasure. With the right tubes, you will be very pleased.

As for bi-wiring, it has been much discussed and the opinion is that it makes little or no difference. I run mine normally but have to confess I tried them bi-wired and noted no difference. If you want to try it, run two pair of cables from each amp tap and connect one pair to the LF and the other to the HF.

Enjoy the Cornwalls. They are wonderful.

Frank