HT sound issues- Sony receiver

Recently the sound on my HT system will cut out for a split second and the blue dolby digital light will go out on my Sony HT reciever. Just for a splitsecond- then come back on and play normally. At first I thought it was my POS TW cable reciever but it also exibits this problem during DVD playback as well. I have checked all connections. Seems like some kind of HDMI issue with the receiver.

It is only the sound- the picture continues normally.

Ideas??????

I would suggest looking through the AVSForum threads on your particular unit, or at least the Sony owner's thread. If it is a common problem to your unit you will find others complaining about the same problem. Good luck.

Are there firmware updates available for that particular receiver? If so, update it. Is there a method to cold boot or reset the receiver? If so, I'd try that also. Be sure to record ALL setting in your receivers menu before doing either of the mentioned procedures. You may loose everything and have to start from scratch.