MX-110 and 2505 hookup

lucky5115

No need to get too spendy or extreme here....Blue Jean Cable, Monster, or any good shielded IC should be fine. I started out with the almost identical setup and didn't notice too much difference in the cable changes until I got MC30 power amps and a recapping all throughout the audio path.

I DO recommend avoiding Radio Shack cabling, as the connectors they use fit quite tight. Nothing wrong with the cable but their connectors are hard on the RCA jacks.

I used 16 gauge Monster XP, crimp-attaching hardware store U-Clips (in the electrical section) to the four wire ends of each cable. I don't recall exactly what size U-clips I used, except I took one of the screws out of the Mac amp with me to the hardware store and bought several dozen clips of the right size. Simple, primitive, and ideal for those terminal strip connections. I soaked the U Clips in DeOxit, crimped them on the stripped wire ends and attached them to speakers (as my Klipsch are 60's and 70's vintages with terminal stip connections) and Mac amps. They fit perfectly and are low cost.

Hey Ron, it looks like you've been givin' great advise on the wires and connectors.

I just wanted to say "DAM", thats a Beauty!!! Looks Great! [Y]

I guess you'll be in Audio Bliss very soon. When do you get the 110 back?

Thanks for posting the Pictures,

Dennie

Yes, Thanks to Everyone!

110 should be back in about a month or so. has original Telefunken and MC tubes that are at NOS or close to it. . cept for the MX decoder which has RCA blackplate 6GH8 for higher gain. by that time I should be ready.. my imagination is running wild as I think this will be a great little setup for the Corns.. doing some research on turntable next.. picked up a panloc/slant cab for it.

ron

post-40418-13819555959444_thumb.jpg

post-40418-1381958209357_thumb.jpg