LF-10 leaks

tbone3933

Hey there can some of you guys tell me if anyone has one of these subs that don't LEAK! I got mine from UBID & as soon as I hooked it up all I got was bass with farting leaks coming from the front woofer. Boy was I shocked. I have been a recent Klipsch fanatic for the past 6 years so you can imagine how hurt I was by Klipsch partaking in such audio malpractice! I could not believe my ears so I promptly turned off the music, turned the sub around & began to frantically search for the signature that we all know gives us piece of mind & insures us that the speaker has been tested. Whoop there it is! Signed sealed & delivered. Some dude by the name of Mario has his John Hancock signed right on the dotted line. I hate to say it but there is no way that Mario could have tested this sub & not heard these leaks. So I pack this bad boy up & send it back. Here it is about 1 week later & I get the sub back, plug it up & here we go again. Good bass with air leaking, although not as bad as before. Look on the back & Mario's name is still there. Who the hell is this guy? I'm starting to wonder if it's Mario from super nintendo fame! Naw, if it were him this problem would have been taken care of the first time, atleast he knew how to use a hammer! Anyway, just so I know it aint me, there should be no leaks right? Even if the movie or music has good deep base right? All I should be getting is deep rumble & thumping base right? Not air farting from around the screws & seals correct? Please someone help with a reply before I box this thing back up & pray that next time Mario's name has a line drawn through it. Is this as good as it gets with the LF-10 or did Klipsch just FART on me!

I got two from ubid months ago ...both are working perfectly. Call Klipsch they'll make things right. They are very musical subs that pack quite a punch for their size. Your subs would probably be very good with Scary Movie II and therefore very popular with adolescents of all ages.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

This message has been edited by soundog on 03-20-2002 at 07:18 PM

My post number 2000!

Tbone,

No its not the Mario of Nintendo fame,the tester was probably eating beans and farting when he was testing your LF-10 sub and did not hear the leaks as his farts were 6dB louder!

Contact Klipsch by e-mail first.

I had a leaky LF-10 on test and it was a Fart Master Deluxe until I got pissed and removed the drivers out of the box and sealed the thing with silicone based product used around the bathroom.Not pretty but worked

I dont tell you to repair the sub yourself,contact Mario and Luigi at Klipsch first.

Or eat a can of beans with tomato sauce and beacon! Oh you'll get SVS level output. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

The first LF-10 I had leaked around one of the passive drivers. I'm sure that I could've fixed it w/ a little silicone myself, but I opted to let Klipsch fix it. The one that they sent me didn't have any problems. If it leaked, I'd have had a silicone party of my own and just fixed the damn thing the easy and fast way.

------------------

klf-30 front

klf-c7 center

rp-3 rear

lf-10 sub

Denon avr-3300

Denon DVD-2500

Denon DCM-270 cd

Mitsubishi 55" ws tv

tbone,

I have a LF-10 that I purchased from ubid over a year ago. I have had no problems with air leaks. I did have the amp go out but Klipsch handled the repair quickly and painlessly.

Give them a call for a RA# and I'll bet they get it right this time!

Good luck!

I bought 2 LF-10's from ubid.com on 12/22/01. Both were sent to me with air leaks. Contacted Klipsch, they took both subs and sent them back, but only one was fixed. Sent the second sub back and got a new sub that was also leaking air. Sent that sub back about a month ago and I'm waiting for my FOURTH LF-10. Now I love Klipsch but what I'm going through is absolutely ridiculous. I want to call them up and yell at someone but every time I talk to someone they're so damn nice to me.

Last week I just bought Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, and RS-3II. I only hope I never need to use the warranty for these speakers. Since this ordeal I've sold the one working LF-10(waiting for a fixed sub so I can sell it) and bought a SVS 20-39cs plus/Samson S1000(also bought last week and couldn't be happier).

------------------

FABULOUSFRANKIE

• 2 weeks later...

as i think about it, could this problem arise from the fact that i am only using one of my two input jacks? i.e., i have run a sub cable from my receiver's sub out only into the left input jack on the sub (as per cable instructions). can you do this with an rsw-15?

Hi Richc - Lifted from the Klipsch web page on the RSW-15:

"Pairing a heart-throbbing 15" rear-firing Cerametallic active driver with a 3-inch voice coil and 30-pound motor assembly with a 15" front-firing passive radiator gives you more surface area than a 21" subwoofer in a much smaller footprint."

Your sub has only one active woofer, and that's the rear one, so it would follow that it would be louder than the front passive woofer. The passive has no voice coil -- it just reacts to pressure in the cabinet created by the movement of the rear driver.

Doug

------------------

My System